Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by ajcadoo
Feature Request for URC:

Being able to automatically send the default comment for all URs without a description. Similar to the "Auto-send reminders" feature. Instead of having to manually click each description-less UR by hand, waiting for the autofill to show in the comment box, and hitting send...just have URC do this all on its own. This would only apply to the URs in the field of view/zoom level and would require a confirmation dialogue box to ensure you want to follow and comment on that many URs at once.

Thoughts?
ajcadoo
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by ajcadoo
Great point. Maybe limit it to categories? Prevent it from occurring for Turn Not Allowed & Missing Roundabout? All other categories without a description are essentially impossible to solve without help from the reporter.
ajcadoo
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by ajcadoo
The LA area averages about 50-60 new URs per day. We only have a couple editors here who actively assist in URs, so it's not uncommon to see untouched URs that are months old. We just don't have the ability to process in a timely manner. I'm trying to come up with some simple ideas to try and assist such a heavily trafficked area while maintaining the integrity of processing URs. This idea would by no means be a substitute to investigating. It would just aid in getting information for an otherwise unsolvable UR.
ajcadoo
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by ajcadoo
jm6087 wrote:
ajcadoo wrote:The LA area averages about 50-60 new URs per day. We only have a couple editors here who actively assist in URs, so it's not uncommon to see untouched URs that are months old. We just don't have the ability to process in a timely manner. I'm trying to come up with some simple ideas to try and assist such a heavily trafficked area while maintaining the integrity of processing URs. This idea would by no means be a substitute to investigating. It would just aid in getting information for an otherwise unsolvable UR.
If something like this is able to be done, my suggestion would be to make it an option that has to be selected each time you hard refresh, along with a pop up confirming the operation.
100% agree
ajcadoo
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by ajcadoo
turbomkt wrote: 50-60? Let's round that number up a hundred or so.

That said, making it a rank based capability would help. Not sure if champs would support this ability for reasons already mentioned.
Very true actually since I filter out URs that aren't in my EA. So yes, we are drowning out here in SoCal :o
ajcadoo
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I'd really like the option to not disable the Done button in WME. I rather like it, and find the controlling of this a little too much.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I understand. However, I believe that tools should enhance the editing experience without restricting the ability of using the normal, expected Editor functions.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
rickzabel wrote:the function of the "done" button is the same as clicking the x at the top of the ur, which was the same workflow before the new Ur window. so i didn't think i was restricting the use of the editor.
Yes, the close button and the done button are much easier to click than the little x. I'm old, my eyes.... :)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I have the custom list installed and enabled in Tampermonkey, but Urcomments says it can't find a custom list. What do I need to do?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
PesachZ wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I have the custom list installed and enabled in Tampermonkey, but Urcomments says it can't find a custom list. What do I need to do?
Has it worked at all since the custom script was updated in greasy fork a few weeks ago
Last time I checked the versions were the same. I did a trigger update and nothing changed. I'll go check the site.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message