Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

Should supermarkets, stores & companies really be locked L3

Post by PropertyGeek
Hi,

I am finding so many supermarkets, diy stores, and companies locked at L3.

Is this really required?

Many of them are lazy area marking in the first place and contain zero additional info. They seem to often cover not just the building, but land and sometimes roads as well (and not just the car park)

Of course editing them, then creates a flag for a higher level. I am a L2.

I can possibly understand petrol stations, but even some of these are poorly positioned.

Very frustrating. LOL

I might make a L3 by 2018 ;)

<okay, end of rant>
PropertyGeek
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:17065398

Send a message

Post by ditchi56
The short answer to your question is, no they shouldn't. The things you list should be only be locked at L2, and then only if they are occupying the correct area (or a point) and have at least some detail (e.g. correct category and address). Here's the relevant bit of the Wiki.

Some locks are probably historical, and may have been appropriate in their time; these guidelines are fairly new. Some places may be sensibly be highly locked if there is some reason why an editor working from internet information would get them wrong, e.g. the aerials are out of date or a shop has changed hands.

Feel free to put in Editor Requests for anything that you need downlocked.

Ian

PS don't think you're in my area, but I know I overlocked a few things while I was getting used to places and the guidelines :oops:
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message