The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Report IGN Place update issues

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Editors,

Please use this form to report issues, problems, mistakes which an IGN editor made with a Place.

In the Waze Map Editor, leave the problem Place as-is so Waze can see exactly what the issue is.

DO NOT REPLY to this thread unless you have an issue with using this form. DO NOT REPLY to this thread with examples of bad IGN updates. There is another thread for that. Non-related posts will be deleted.

-Alan
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Adabadada
taco909 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
shawndoc wrote:How long should we leave the place alone? Often the only reason we know of these problems, is because it is generating user reports.
I would leave the Place at least for two weeks, unless you are contacted by Waze directly about a fix before that.
The problem is that we get no confirmation of the report that we can save to a separate email box, and with the thousands of Places, it is impossible to go back and locate later.

I have reported several dozen issues with 3-4 different IGN editors.
I have never received ONE response from Waze that it is being looked at.
I am encountering places that remain on the map that I reported in April.

Both this report sheet and the one for improperly placed advertising icons on the app appear to be ignored.

I left a place alone for a few days and somebody else came along and fixed it (it was a place that IGN was trying to delete but was locked to a higher level. It was a valid place to begin with so I dunno why that person was trying to delete it). There has to be a better way to go about this. Perhaps screenshots would suffice.
Adabadada
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Adabadada
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Editors,

Please use this form to report issues, problems, mistakes which an IGN editor made with a Place.

In the Waze Map Editor, leave the problem Place as-is so Waze can see exactly what the issue is.

DO NOT REPLY to this thread unless you have an issue with using this form. DO NOT REPLY to this thread with examples of bad IGN updates. There is another thread for that. Non-related posts will be deleted.

-Alan
I have an issue with this form! There are too few options for "Type of mistake". What about IGN trying to delete places that shouldn't be deleted? What about them approving places that shouldn't be approved (e.g. private residences that are publicly viewable)? Maybe you should have an option for "others". Also, a 150-character max to describe the problem (and another 150 to propose a solution) is not enough.
Adabadada
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
shawndoc wrote:How long should we leave the place alone? Often the only reason we know of these problems, is because it is generating user reports.
I would leave the Place at least for two weeks, unless you are contacted by Waze directly about a fix before that.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I think it's time to un-stick/un-importantize this topic. It's been 3 years since the last post and I am not sure if IGN exists, nor if this guidance is still correct.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by alexs001
Don't waze staff have access to historical data? We should be able to correct the issue. Leaving incorrect information out there is counterproductive and does not serve the users. At the very least, we should be able to submit a screenshot of the offending place.
alexs001
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 9
Send a message
Local Champ: Canada
Area Manager: Okanagan Valley, BC / Newfoundland and Labrador

https://s.waze.tools/c6.png https://s.waze.tools/s0500.png

Post by AndyPoms
ct13 wrote:Is USA missing, or are we other?
It's missing - I've already asked Waze about that....
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by HandofMadness
How long should we leave the place alone? Often the only reason we know of these problems, is because it is generating user reports.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Lu_Wei_Jie
Adabadada wrote: I left a place alone for a few days and somebody else came along and fixed it (it was a place that IGN was trying to delete but was locked to a higher level. It was a valid place to begin with so I dunno why that person was trying to delete it). There has to be a better way to go about this. Perhaps screenshots would suffice.
I agree
Lu_Wei_Jie
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message