Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Need Help Fixing Address On Map

Post by amilduverge
I'm trying to fix the map to reflect the correct location for this address: 24885 SW 119th Ave., 33032, but I'm unable to do so. The spot marked on the attached image is the correct location for the address. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
amilduverge

POSTER_ID:10807346

Send a message
Attachments

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
amilduverge wrote:I'm trying to fix the map to reflect the correct location for this address: 24885 SW 119th Ave., 33032, but I'm unable to do so. The spot marked on the attached image is the correct location for the address. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Did you read the wiki page on House Numbers as noted in the top post of the forum?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
amilduverge wrote:No I have not. Would you kindly provide the link?
The post at the top that reads, "FIRST THINGS FIRST: Read the House Numbers documentation" Standard forum etiquette applies to read the readme and documentation which was created to answer questions first, then if it isn't answered, post a question. Happy to help after that.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by amilduverge
No I have not. Would you kindly provide the link?
amilduverge
Send a message

Post by amilduverge
Thank you very much.
amilduverge
Send a message

Post by trukkurt
amilduverge wrote:No I have not. Would you kindly provide the link?
amilduverge-

I had trouble locating the FIRST THINGS FIRST topic with my phone's Tapatalk app (which I often use to read forums and am currently using to write this message). Therefore, I thought you might also be using something similar to read this "thread" (forum topic/conversation) instead of your desktop computer web browser.

Here is the link to the FIRST THINGS FIRST message AlanOfTheBerg wants everyone to read...

viewtopic.php?f=655&t=51272

That short message contains a link to the "House Numbers in WME" Wiki article...

http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... ers_in_WME

======

That FIRST THINGS FIRST message is a "sticky message" at the very top of the "House Numbers (Addresses)" section of the Waze forums...

viewforum.php?f=655

"Common forum etiquette" is to read such "sticky" messages at the top of a forum section before posting questions in that section of the forum.

Such "sticky" messages often have links to "Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQs and answers) and other information the forum moderators and forum regulars want everyone to know.

If readers read that "sticky" information carefully before posting questions in a forum, then they're less likely to annoy the moderators and forum regulars. [emoji4]

Happy Editing!

-trukkurt
trukkurt
Send a message

Post by trukkurt
By the way, I discovered the "Announcements" tab in my Tapatalk app that appears after opening a Subscribed thread. That "Announcements" tab for this forum conveniently contains AlanOfTheBerg's FIRST THINGS FIRST message.

The Tapatalk app's forum interface has changed recently, I think.

Perhaps this Tapatalk app interface will be less confusing for its users.
trukkurt
Send a message