The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.
Post by SpencerFG
Thanks for the response. In my case this was an area where the roads were mapped but not named and there were no street numbers. I had just named the streets. I'm thinking that since the RPPs attach immediately to the live map, they can't do that before the tile update that will apply the street name.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
With regard to RPPs not saving:

I have no found with the help of another local editor that most of the time when RPPs don't save, the problem is with the city name. They have to match. Correcting the name has solved the problem for me twice now.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
I'm very happy that Waze will now interpolate HN's but the following paragraph should use the term "extrapolate."
Finally, Waze will estimate some house numbers beyond where house numbers are marked in the WME. For example, if house numbers 4, 6, and 8 are marked on a named road, Waze will also interpolate (at least) numbers 2 and 10.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
The Wikipedia is correct. When you have HN's 4, 6, and 8 are mapped and you need to have 2 or 10, that's extrapolation (estimating beyond the original range). But we know what is meant.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by subs5
So do address get updated the next update or do you have to do one of the items listed on the wiki page about tile updates

Basically do we still need to bump the road to force the HN update on the next tile update or not?

I have received some conflicting information from some editors in PMs so looking for what is really occurring. Thanks, subs5
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by subs5
elvieserious wrote:Question. If I would like to put a house number for my house address. What steps do I do? thank you.
Welcome to Waze editing. Here is a link to the reference on how to add House Numbers.

Hi, hopefully your road is locked at L1 or auto L1. If not you will need to ask for an unlock. Assuming that the road is L1...
Click on the road segment and the left side of the WME screen will pop up with 1 segment selected. To add the address there needs to be a name on the road segment. If not then click on the Address part and add the name. Drive is abbreviated Dr, Street, St, etc.

Once there is a name you need to scroll down and you should see "Edit House Numbers" at the bottom. Then to the left on the upper grey bar at the top is "Add House Numbers". Click that and then click by your house. A white pill shaped bubble should appear. Enter the house number. Press Enter, then click the Save button to the upper right.

Should take about two days to make it to the app. But may take up to a week. Please do a new search. If saved as home, work, or a favorite then you need to delete it and resave after the app updates. Old routes from history will not be updated.

Also if the street has no city since outside the official city limits add an alternate name with the same street name and then the city name. The primary should be none unless in an incorporated city or a Census Designated Place.

After you are done check the green check mark on the title to this post.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
horace_vr wrote:I would like Waze to be able to route me to an address with HN "3A". At the moment, the "3A" HN is added in the HN layer (has been for about 2 weeks or so, so I am guessing the tile is already updated).

If I search for the address (Street and number) in the App, it won't find it.

If I set it as Residential, it won't allow me to have the "A" (non-numerical) in the HN field.
I'd rather not set it up as Area, as the actual place is too small for that.

What other options do I have ?
It would help with a Permalink to the area.

But main question is there a city name (primary or alternate) associated with the address?
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
Ok since this is on a different server than my app it is not searchable for me.

Have you tried the “More results for 3A Str. With rest of address and then going to places tab. Is it visible?

If that doesn’t work recommend that you post in your country’s forum.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
world_q9afxi1a wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:28 pm I need a correction to directions to 143 Spectacle, Irvine, CA 92618.

Waze currently instructs the driver to stop as soon as they turn into Spectacle from either North Pusan or South Pusan.

You can get to 143 Spectacle by turning into an alley immediately to your right upon turning into Spectacle.  6-7 houses from the turn, on the left hand side (if accessing through the garage).  Or doing the same thing but after making a right on the alley, the driver needs to make a left to the next alley and stop after the first house on the left to get to the front of the house.

The address has been adjusted. It is properly routing for me now.  
Please remove any instance of this address from your history and Saved places by the following: https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6262570?hl=en
Then, perform a new search and resave. If you don't remove the old results from your navigation or Saved places/Home/Work, then you will continue to be routed to the old coordinates. 
Please let us know here if this does or does not resolve your issue. Thanks!

subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message