Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Google location incorrect | is there a form?

Post by afrenchpress
Hello,

I thought I saw a forum post or wiki page that mentioned what to do when Google had the map pin in the wrong location. Unfortunately, I can't find that page again.

It referenced using a form to input this information.

Thank you for any help!
afrenchpress

POSTER_ID:17078291

Send a message

afrenchpress
Send a message

Post by afrenchpress
AndyPoms wrote:
rccoros wrote:You can actually edit it yourself in Google Mapmaker but as JustinS83 poinetd out it requires review from Google Reviewer. Unfortunately Mapmaker is now temporarily available so the best option is to use the form as earlier mentioned.
You don't need MapMaker. Just search normally and "Suggest an Edit" in Google Maps (and they actually are reviewing and approving suggestions pretty quickly these days).
Thanks again. I've done this a few times now and received fast response from Google!
afrenchpress
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
rccoros wrote:You can actually edit it yourself in Google Mapmaker but as JustinS83 poinetd out it requires review from Google Reviewer. Unfortunately Mapmaker is now temporarily available so the best option is to use the form as earlier mentioned.
You don't need MapMaker. Just search normally and "Suggest an Edit" in Google Maps (and they actually are reviewing and approving suggestions pretty quickly these days).
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by JustinS83
I believe you are looking for this

You can also go into Google Maps and for the address/place select the "Suggest an edit" button and then drag it to the correct location. This will have to be reviewed by the Google Maps review team, but it might be easier than using the form.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Last edited by AndyPoms on Fri May 22, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed URL BBCode

Post by rccoros
You can actually edit it yourself in Google Mapmaker but as JustinS83 poinetd out it requires review from Google Reviewer. Unfortunately Mapmaker is now temporarily available so the best option is to use the form as earlier mentioned.
rccoros
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message