Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Este é o espaço para dar e receber explicações e recomendações sobre a edição de mapas entre usuários experientes e usuários novos.

Forum rules
Confira nossa Wazeopedia ou pergunte ao nosso Oráculo antes de postar; ;)
Não esqueça de sempre copiar o Permalink com a "coisa" selecionada junto com a mensagem;
Problemas com rota? relate neste formulário
Veja nosso painel para acompanhamento de UR

Places outdated in Google appearing in Waze search results

Post by adriansinger
Hi All,

As you might know there is an ongoing issue regarding ‘Places’. In certain instances, search results display ‘Places’ that no longer exist. While these ‘Places’ do not exist on the Waze map any more, they are still in Google’s database. This causes search errors in countries where you get Google's results by default.

UPDATE: In other cases, there are Places which are well mapped on Waze but are misplaced on Google. Since some of the Autocomplete results list of Places come from Google, some users are driven to the wrong place.

We would like to fix this. Please submit examples of this issue to us, and we will do our best to correct it.

Please fill in this form so that we can get to work.

Please note that our search algorithm is always changing. In one of our future versions it will give more weight to ‘Places’ data from the Waze map. When that happens, the problem we are trying to solve now will be less relevant and Waze will hopefully provide even more accurate search results.

Thank you for the help!
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:74536

Send a message
Adrián Singer
Community Manager
Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, Republic of Korea, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Mongolia, Laos, Bhutan & Brunei

Post by adriansinger
sketch wrote:To clarify: you want us to use the form linked in the "aerial offsets" thread?
I'm sorry, please use this form.

Thank you for bringing the error to my attention.

Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer
Community Manager
Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, Republic of Korea, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Mongolia, Laos, Bhutan & Brunei

Post by adriansinger
paulkok_my wrote:What about road names that is wrong on google map but correct on WME?

We have quite a number in Malaysia that the search road names are pointing to wrong road.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Hi, this project was opened specifically for Places and not for street names.

The reason for this is the search algorithm is about to change so there's no need for this, neither to introduce a feature in the app.

In any case, thank you for the interest and we will let you know about any improvements we will make.

Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer
Community Manager

Post by adriansinger
Hi guys,

Just a kind reminder that the venues reported up to Nov. 17th are already in the fix process.

I'll let you know more as soon as I have more information.

Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer
Community Manager

Post by adriansinger
Hi guys,

We have a new form you can use.

Please fill in it whenever a Place selected from the autocomplete list takes you to the wrong location, although the Place is well mapped in Waze Map Editor.
We will do our best to fix those places.

Thank you!
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer
Community Manager