These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Accessing Data History

Post by larosme
Is it possible to access the details of a specific trip (such as location and speed) for a certain date and time?

I was involved in a traffic accident and the other party is making some erroneous claims. Since Waze was running at the time I am wondering if it is possible to get at the data (either directly or by an admin query) to substantiate the details of the event. I obviously have the exact date and time I am looking for.
larosme

POSTER_ID:17092563

Send a message

Post by Fancy9152
The trip that I am trying to access was on 5/28/15. When I try to click on the trips from that day and before, I am unable to highlight them and get the route seen on the map. Is there any way to access that data?
Fancy9152
Send a message

Post by helifino206
jdp6000 wrote:I'm an insurance investigator. It would be useful to be able to search for historical accident data. If you could find a way for users to add dash cam footage I would pay for it.
You may find this document enlightening: https://www.waze.com/legal/privacy

Dash cams apps are available separately, none are associated with Waze.
helifino206
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by jdp6000
I'm an insurance investigator. It would be useful to be able to search for historical accident data. If you could find a way for users to add dash cam footage I would pay for it.
jdp6000
Send a message

Post by MeridianHills
Yes & No. As far as instantaneous speed no, average speed can be determined by dividing your distance by time taken. If your interested into looking at your location history go to https://www.waze.com/editor/ and log in to your account. Their will be a box that will appear to the left and you can click on drives. That will show your GPS & Waze provided traces for your whole journey on all your trips that is stored. Your traces will only show you following the route Waze provided, it won't be as detailed as to show your lane position or any other minute details like that, unless you already know them.
MeridianHills
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by MeridianHills
Cached data is only stored in the system for I believe 14 days.
MeridianHills
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message