Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] Street Vector Layer

Post by
The Road layer for the editors, made by editors.
Please click here to install it (new Repository since 11/03/2021, v. 5.1.5)

Edit: New screenshots
Pasted image at 2016_06_18 04_28 PM.png
Pasted image at 2016_06_18 04_29 PM.png
As some (or most) of the people here is not liking the new Road layer (incl. me), I've asked to myself:

Why does Waze have to choose which colors we like? Wouldn't it be nice to let the user choose? Wouldn't it be better for color-blind people to choose colours they can distinguish?
Unfortunately this is not possible with the current tiles, as they are generated on a Waze server and we just download them.
In order to do so, the tiles has to be generated by our browsers.

That said, after one afternoon of work I've created this vector layer.
Pros: :)
  • It's possible to customize it (color of the road, size of the road, ...)
  • It keeps working if the tile server is down
  • Saves bandwidth (i guess not much, but better than nothing).
  • What you see is what you can edit. When the elements are loaded they are drawn. No more clicking on segments that can't be selected.
  • You don't have to save to see the edit, segments are redrawn when you move/delete them (less confusion when deleting/moving segments).
  • Tries to take the good things of the old and new layers and puts them together (mostly old colors for street, primary and highways and new colors for non-drivable/dirty/parking lot streets, plus restrictions and toll).
  • If the segment is closed a purple dashed line is shown on top of it.
Cons (so far): :(
  • Makes your CPU work a little bit more
  • Names placements is not as nice as in the new road layer but, as far as I know, with this version of OpenLayer, is not possible to do better. Names might overlap.
Some screenshots:
svl521_.jpg
Some (edit: OLD) screenshots:
Highway.png
major.jpg
parking private restriction.jpg
-- OLD --
The script is currently in "alpha" status. Some things still needs to be fixed or improved.
Let me know what you think about it, so I can see if it's worth keeping developing it.

If you would like to try it, please send me a PM, I'll let you know in the following hours/days when I have something usable.
-- OLD --

POSTER_ID:4945632

Send a message

Post by Inactive user -1673857766-
I really like your script and had just about gotten the settings like I wanted BUT I decided to try the beta version. I liked the stability but didn't like some other features and decided to go back. Now I have succeeded in losing the SVL display totally.

UPDATE: I was able to get it back by deleting settings but I'm sticking with the older version for now.

Thanks for all your work on the script.
Inactive user -1673857766-
Send a message

Although my preferences are set to Imperial, text speed limits in SVL are displaying in metric.
Send a message

bedo2991 wrote:
Mapman44 wrote:Although my preferences are set to Imperial, text speed limits in SVL are displaying in metric.
Thanks for reporting it, that's fixed in...

V. 5.0.4
- NEW: layer is refreshing automatically when toggling between imperial and metric in the settings
- Fixed: speeds shown in metric system while in imperial
- NEW: can set the maximum number of segments/nodes that shall be drawn before switching to the normal road layer in the new "Performance tuning" section.
- Fixed: sometimes unvalidated speed limits were shown as validated.
Thanks for the update.

The update fixed the text display of the speed limit but the color outline is still showing the metric speed limit.
Send a message

I love your script and have customized it to my way of working.

I have problems though with roads going a little crazy if I zoom in while I have a road selected. Usually I have to zoom back out, de-select, zoom back in and re-select. Am I doing some wrong or is that bug?
Send a message

bedo2991 wrote:
Mapman44 wrote:I have problems though with roads going a little crazy if I zoom in while I have a road selected. Usually I have to zoom back out, de-select, zoom back in and re-select. Am I doing some wrong or is that bug?
I can't reproduce that, probably it's another script conflicting.
Does it happen all the time or only with certain segments?

I haven't been able to determine any particular pattern. I will do some trouble-shooting with other scripts disabled after MapRaid.
Send a message

Post by Andy_Na
bedo2991 wrote:V. 5.0.1 is out!
  • Localisation is now supported. If you want to help translating, see the previous post.
German is also ready :mrgreen:
Andy_Na
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Bundeslandmanager/State Manager Berlin/Brandenburg
Area Manager Region Remstal, Filstal, A8 (Alb/Fildern)

https://www.ib-ziessow.de/images/waze/rip_tsd66.png

Post by AndyLaode
may i suggest that page one (first post especially, edited with the link of available version)

thanks

i loved this script a lot
AndyLaode
Send a message
andylaode (andylaode@outlook.com)
okay, mate, see you on the road and on the map too, cheers

Post by AndyLaode
PesachZ wrote:
TheLastTaterTot wrote:That has been what I was looking for! Where do I find that?
You need a way to edit the browser local storage. I use an extension which makes it really simple.
HTML5 Storage Manager All in One
teach us on how to do it... i face the same problem as patti
AndyLaode
Send a message

AndyLaode
Send a message

Post by AndyLaode
TheLastTaterTot wrote:@andy: Yup, that's it. toggleStreet(Vector) is currently assigned "4,76" (alt+l) for you.
thanks patti..that is the one showup after i added the SVL settings (previous don't have)

Code: Select all

{"showSLcolor":true,"showSLtext":true,"version":"1.5","disableRoadLayers":true,"toggleStreet(Vector)":"4,76","startDisabled":false,"clutterCostantNearZoom":"13","labelOutlineWidth":"3","clutterCostantFarZoom":"317","streets":[null,{"strokeColor":"#ffff00","outlineColor":"#000","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#ff0000","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#0000ff","strokeWidth":"4","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#808000","strokeWidth":"4","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#00ff00","strokeWidth":"1","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#6262ff","strokeWidth":"4","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#00ff00","strokeWidth":"4","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#ff0000","strokeWidth":"1","strokeDashstyle":"longdash"},null,{"strokeColor":"#0000ff","strokeWidth":"1","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},null,null,null,null,{"strokeColor":"#ff8000","strokeWidth":"1","strokeDashstyle":"dashdot"},{"strokeColor":"#b700ff","strokeWidth":"1","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#00ffb3","strokeWidth":"1","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#ffffff","strokeWidth":"1","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#00ff00","strokeWidth":"1","strokeDashstyle":"dashdot"},{"strokeColor":"#0000ff","strokeWidth":"1","strokeDashstyle":"solid"}],"red":{"strokeColor":"#ff0000","strokeWidth":"1","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},"roundabout":{"strokeColor":"#111","strokeWidth":1,"strokeDashstyle":"dash"},"toll":{"strokeColor":"#00e1ff","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},"closure":{"strokeColor":"#ff00ff","strokeWidth":"4","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},"restriction":{"strokeColor":"#f2ff00","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},"arrowDeclutter":"1","hideMinorRoads":false}

anyway thanks for the keyboard shortcut...
AndyLaode
Send a message