WME v1.11 Release

Post by
Hi All,

We released a new version of the Editor.

What's new:
1. Altering turns on a segment (Allowed, Not allowed) updates the "updated by" field.
2. Alphanumeric house numbers - Possible to add them again
3. New translations uploaded
4. Regression checker feature enabled (See below)

What is the regression checker:
When editors try to save edits that are potentially harmful to the map, they'll get a warning message.

As a first step, users will be warned in one of the following cases (but will still be able to save):

Crooked segments
Intersecting segments at the same elevation with no junction node connecting them
Routing issue - a segment can be entered but not exited by drivers
Disconnection - a segments is disconnected and seems to need to be connected

We're here to have your feedback on this version and the latest changes.

Thanks

POSTER_ID:15274930

Send a message

Post by AndyLaode
yeah...i've been reminded by the regression checker...it works...
AndyLaode
Send a message
andylaode (andylaode@outlook.com)
okay, mate, see you on the road and on the map too, cheers

Post by AndyLaode
ct13 wrote:Agree, a toggle switch for senior editors would be nice. Usually, I would normally leave it on as a sanity check, but would like the option to disable for the reason okladriver stated.
never think of that.

yeah it is a good idea. a toggle button for senior editor...
AndyLaode
Send a message

Post by AndyLaode
glomp wrote:Getting extremely slow times with saves, when they occur.

Most of the time it just hangs or else you get the

"Saving Error - An error occurred while saving, Suggestion Try again later"

you try again until you finally get the

"Saving Error - While you were editing, the elements you're trying to save have been modified or deleted"

Back out of all the edits/changes, refresh the screen and then the saved edits appear.
CoooolRaoul wrote:Same for me: freeze for ages on

and many "save" operations are failing with

pretty unusable for me
i am having the same problem as above. is this because of the new version of WME???
AndyLaode
Send a message

Post by AndyLaode
mapsir

is that a way to disable regression checker. this is become annoying. always show unnecessary error and become difficult to save

this error happen when i create river
01 Jul. 30 09.06.jpg
saving river
(116.26 KiB) Downloaded 1462 times
AndyLaode
Send a message

Post by AndyLaode
MapSir wrote:Thank you for the feedback about the regression checker, we're looking into everything.

Please see my last post about bug fixes and updates:
viewtopic.php?f=211&t=145340&start=80

need a special permission to view?
can't see the post.jpg
can't see the post
(53.38 KiB) Downloaded 1438 times
AndyLaode
Send a message

Post by AndyLaode
PesachZ wrote:
voludu2 wrote:
MapSir wrote:Thank you for the feedback about the regression checker, we're looking into everything.

Please see my last post about bug fixes and updates:
viewtopic.php?f=211&t=145340&start=80
I am not authorised to view that post. If you wish all general editors to read that post, please move it to a publicly-viewable forum. If you do not wish all editors to view that post, please do not post its link on forum topic viewable by all editors.

It makes us feel very left-out to be told there is information for us, then to be told we are not allowed to look at it. Thanks
He reposted the entire content of that post in this thread a couple of posts later.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android
maybe addition to the post that mapsir wrote a couple of posts later, he can edit his post, no? CMIIW
AndyLaode
Send a message

Post by AndyLaode
hi mapsir

regarding the error at the area selection tab on the previous post, when will it be fixed?
AndyLaode
Send a message

Post by AndyLaode
SteveInArk wrote:I like the new release, appreciate the work as always. However, I have to echo the comments of others suggesting the need to turn off the regression checker at times, a toggle being preferred.

When working original base-maps areas, especially small rural towns where "every street is wrong", that extra "click" to clear a list of problems we "already know are there", can be a significant time loss. I always fix the segment(s) direction of travel and make that "save", to be sure it is not later negated by some extraneous save error. Then we go back along the route fixing all other issues, mainly the turn restrictions.

In mature map areas, I see myself leaving the check ON. So seriously, the functionality is appreciated. But at times, it needs to be disabled. ;)

Steve

echoing you, steve, 100 percent agree
AndyLaode
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
MapSir wrote:What's new:
1. Altering turns on a segment (Allowed, Not allowed) updates the "updated by" field.
[...]
Firstly, I'm really glad to see that this long standing bug has finally been solved in a way that it persists across a map reload. Well done! :)

But, I have the impression that the price for this solution is a new huge quality issue: that the right to edit turn restrictions are now solely determined by the lock level of the originating segment. I think this does not make sense at all. A user should only be able to switch arrows from red to green or vice versa if he has sufficient rank to edit both segments, origin and target. I think you have received enough explanations for this by my fellow editor in the last pages of this thread.

So for me, a locked segment "A" should prevent a user with lower rank from:

1) changing any attribute on segment A (road type, name, one/two-way, TBR, etc)
2) modifying any turn restriction from segment A
3) modifying any turn restriction to segment A
4) connecting any other segment B to an end junction of segment A
5) connecting any other segment B to the segment A itself (thus creating a new junction)
6) disconnecting any other segment B from (an end junction of) segment A
7) any form of manipulating the geometry nodes (mid nodes) of segment A (add, delete, move)
8) deleting segment A

I hope I haven't forgotten anything. ;)
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
hebermc wrote:Since the 15/Aug system is not counting edits properly, friday evening I edited quite a bit and only got 3 edits, Saturday evening edited even more and only got 2 edits. Yesterday I edited the entire afternoon and part of the night, only got 46 edits (built 3 cities from scratch, should have been about 400 to 500 edits).

Someone please investigate, I am using the normal WME, today i'll try the beta to see if the issue is also there.
Maybe you're a victim of throttling? You shouldn't work too fast. ;)

Anyway, I think your issue is not related to WME at all, so you're probably in the wrong thread. I suggest moving to Ranks and Points.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message