Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Dashboard down for a week so far. Anyone else?

Post by aBshield
I'm seeing several posts about lost points etc. stemming from last weekend (~17 October 2015). I saw some similar anomolies, though I noticed some of my map edits and points were erroneously accruing on the international server. About a day later, my dashboard disappeared completely, and since then I just get the "Oops! Something went wrong. We're working on it right now. Please try again later" when visiting https://www.waze.com/dashboard.

Is anyone else seeing this? Should I be opening a support request at this point?
aBshield
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

POSTER_ID:17124552

Send a message

Post by aBshield
I should have closed the loop on this anyway. My issue was related to browser cookies somehow, and ultimately I had to clear all cookies. Just removing Waze-related cookies (as reported by FireFox) didn't solve the problem. What also through me off was this happened to two computers and a phone all at the same time, so I assumed it was Waze and/or my account. Selecting world server still presents this error for me, which is much less of a problem since I don't currently have any stats on the world server.

As mentioned previously, this issue was preceded by some of my stats showing up on the world server erroneously before the dashboard stopped working entirely (and presumably a bad cookie was passed). Very odd.
aBshield
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by aBshield
I still get this if I try and load the world server stats, which doesn't matter for me since there shouldn't be any data there anyway, even if it did come up correctly.

What if you try and login fresh via incognito or private mode, depending on your browser? This is actually how I wound up tracing down my issue. If it works for you, there's some other website specific bad data still present. Did you clear all the cookies for the entire browser, and not just the Waze ones? I needed to.
aBshield
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by aBshield
Does the issue persist on a PC you haven't used previously? You could also try a private/incognito window as well and login fresh without any temporary files or cookies at play. Did you delete all cookies for the entire browser and not just the Waze ones? The former was necessary for me.

What about the server selection? Did you try changing it? I still get this error when trying to access the world server stats (in my case I don't have any to display, but I still get an error).
aBshield
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by Braiamp
Mmm... are you using the rest of the world or the US site? Is down for me in the "rest of the world" and clearing all cookies on Firefox didn't help.
Braiamp
Send a message

Post by bubt
I've also been unable to "see" the dashboard. Seeing the "Oops, something went wrong. We're working on it now. Please try again later" for over a week now. Three different computers with cleared cookies, still no luck.
bubt
Send a message

Post by classic_henry
Every time I try to access https://www.waze.com/dashboard, the site gives me the message below (for months, at this point).

I've deleted all my cookies + cleared my cache, but the issue persists.

Are there any other potential fixes?
classic_henry
Send a message

Post by gazzieh
I've been trying to use the live map feature on the website using Firefox 41.0.2. When I type in one location the system finds it without issue but if I put in any destination I get the "Oops! Something went wrong. We're working on it right now. Please try again later".

My last two attempts were Calais to Rome and Calais to Tuscany; both failed.
gazzieh
Send a message

Post by gazzieh
Thank you for the reply. I added to this post because through search this returned the closest post to my error message; sorry about that.

I had assumed this but the iPhone app did find me a route for this journey and I assumed that both systems were based upon the same basic engines so hoped that the website would offer me the ability to see the journey with greater ease (considering the size of the screen against my iPhone 6). Anyhow, I have my answer so thank you.
gazzieh
Send a message