Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Share initiatives and actions which made your community grow, from editor competitions to social media activities. Swap ideas and tips and help strengthen the global Waze community

Helping my elderly parents navigate

Post by dandanSpeedy66
Hi everyone,

I have a question. my parents are 76 - 81 and they are driving to my house.

they always get lost but i would like to open a voice (skype) call to them and drive with them.
follow them on the gps and (perfection would be see what they see)

i can chat with them over skype

but the tracking of them is really poor... is there any way WAZE can not just share their ETA, but
let me follow on my screen what is on his screen.

there are a number of motorway junctions that they need to take and if can can see it as they see it i can help them through

dandanspeedy
dandanSpeedy66

POSTER_ID:17152554

Send a message

Post by CBenson
I've been able to follow drives on my phone of family coming to my house if they share the drive when they start. However, its not been very reliable. Any change and the info drops out, and they need to start the route and share it again.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by Killerfrom05
Welcome to Waze.

I also had the same issue but remember the "share drive" or aka "share ETA" is kinda laggy at some points depending on the person connection to waze servers then from waze servers to the person watching the sharing.
Killerfrom05
Send a message