These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by dockpilot
Still bad.
Route line too fat
Colors are terrible choice
Report bubbles/icons other wazers are way too small
Also I have passed report bubbles on map with no audible or flash warning. Just drive right by it as if it isn't there. But it is. Not every time but enough times to mention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dockpilot
Send a message

Post by dockpilot
My biggest pet peeves:
1. Active route line too thick and covers underlying color coded traffic density bars
2. Report balloons and other wazers are ridiculously small.

dockpilot
Send a message

Post by dockpilot
WAZE NOT REDIRECTING
In fact it's leading me right into huge traffic backups with no reroutes even though the other choice was obvious.
On way to work. Waze warning pops up says "major accident on rt. 280 1 hour delay" or something to that affect. But, that's it, just keeps routing me into it with no rerouting.
[img]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/21 ... 30ceb6.jpg[/img]
Now I know the area so I know I can take rt. 78 which mileage wise it exactly the same.
So I hit routes and the difference is significant yet Waze just won't reroute me that way instead chooses to lead me into a traffic mess with a huge delay. Kinda polar opposite of what this app was for.
[img]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/21 ... bdde0c.jpg[/img]
I even stopped my route twice and restarted to see if it would route me onto 78 with a reboot.
Nope. Kept choosing the worst way to go by far. So of course I just went 78 anyway. Then it rerouted after I got off the Waze route.
That's pretty bad for an app that's intended to keep drivers out of traffic not lead them directly into it.
[img]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/21 ... 90783f.jpg[/img]
[emoji849]

dockpilot
Send a message

Post by DondaLastNerve
I'm also having the same issue with NO CONTACTS! I, too, followed their steps, have uninstalled & reinstalled, with no improvements. PLEASE FIX!!!
DondaLastNerve
Send a message

Post by Drivinglikeaboss
Have to say the ability to report on the other side was such a huge part of the Waze experience - i`ve been using Waze for 4 years and drive up to 3,000 miles a week so to now not to inform other uses of the things i see on a daily basis is such a mistake - please bring this feature back...
Drivinglikeaboss
Send a message

Post by ferrantisif
I totally get mispronouncing Framingham (it should be Frame - ing - ham, not Frahm - in - ham), but mispronouncing the word West? She says it as Weest. you should fix that!
ferrantisif
Send a message

Post by G_W1Z
I witnessed an issue with reporting gas prices. The two gas stations that this happened with are here and here.

I submitted PUR's for the two stations so that their names reflected the gas station wiki standards. They didn't have primary names of Valero and Sunoco, but their convenience store / market names. The updates were pending (waiting for L3 approval) and during that time I would go to update their prices and all their categories read N/A. This happened for a few days and I had thought maybe there was a bug with the stations. I then remembered they had PUR's pending from me and I had a L3 approve them on the evening of 1/14/2016. This morning (1/15/2016) I drove past the stations and was able to update their prices.

I use an iPhones 6s Plus running iOS 9.2 and Waze App version 4.0.1.1.
G_W1Z
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
G_W1Z
Pennsylvania SM | New Jersey LAM | District of Columbia & Maine AM
USA Regions: NOR, MAR, NER
A phoenix out of the ashes...together building a more perfect map.
» Waze Etiquette | PA Wiki | Glossary | Places | Lanes | Shields | JSG | Scripts «
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... anager.pnghttps://j.mp/2X2TtcVhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/3o2pi4wjn6w1s ... .jpg?raw=1https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/yezyes6g ... 0rem&raw=1

Post by garethbatchelor
Hi all,

Been having issues with the new waze app. Have had a look through this post previously to see if any of the issues have been mentioned but after 11 pages I may have missed something. Basically I like the new format except:

The new route doesn't allow the traffic colours to show through clearly - line is too thick,

Why have you taken off the ability to report road closures via the app?
Why have you taken off the ability to report traffic jams and other hazards on the other side of the road with the exception of police and accidents? I found that facility really useful.
There has been a number of times when I have deviated from a route that it just sits there - little circle going and doesn't re-route - either just says can't connect to server, where upon original route drops out and I have to replan it, or it sits there with the last direction and an instruction to 'return to highlighted route' in 3.1 miles! which is a little silly.

I realise some of the connectivity issues in originally finding an address are down to my provider being really bad (vodafone in the UK) but if its a favourite then its stored so it knows where it is going? Or so I thought. I have delays when looking at friends as apparently its still adding them 30 mins after the app has started up. I like waze and have recommended it to many people. But this latest issue is putting me off using it.
garethbatchelor
Send a message

Post by garethbatchelor
Pizuz wrote:Road closures are still there, you have to scroll down to find the icon. And no, there's no indication that you can scroll.
Thanks for this - unfortunately now I'm using a new phone (iPhone 6s running iOS 9.1 it won't even run the app now. Opens to the front waze screen and kicks straight out again. Using google maps at the moment but its useful to see where accidents and incidents are as well as letting family know my eta. This is making the app unusable at the moment. Please fix as soon as possible.
garethbatchelor
Send a message

Post by GeneLeeds
Kylrich wrote:Maybe this is a bug, or just user error, not sure. On an iphone 6S iOS9.1 and using Waze v4.0.1.1 and experiencing unique issue with 2015 Chevy Mylink bluetooth audio.

When I have sound set to "Prefer Bluetooth" or "Play sound to phone speaker" the map navigation audio is played through car bluetooth or on the phone respectively. The problem occurs on the next behavior: mylink interprets the audio prompt as as a phone call (i see elapsed time come up as 5 to 10 seconds on mylink) and then iphone music begins to play the first song in my iphone music app.

This is terribly frustrating :oops: when I'm listening to Sirius or FM radio because every time navigation audio plays it kicks me back into iphone music.

There are so many variable between myLink, iphone, and waze I can't be certain the root cause. Is there something I'm missing on waze or is this a known issue I couldn't find in searching other threads?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
I have the SAME issue on my Z06 and Tahoe. Please Apple or Waze fix this!! It's not GM as this used to work fine before iOS and Waze updated.

Thank you!

Best,
Gene
GeneLeeds
Send a message