These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Kylrich
Maybe this is a bug, or just user error, not sure. On an iphone 6S iOS9.1 and using Waze v4.0.1.1 and experiencing unique issue with 2015 Chevy Mylink bluetooth audio.

When I have sound set to "Prefer Bluetooth" or "Play sound to phone speaker" the map navigation audio is played through car bluetooth or on the phone respectively. The problem occurs on the next behavior: mylink interprets the audio prompt as as a phone call (i see elapsed time come up as 5 to 10 seconds on mylink) and then iphone music begins to play the first song in my iphone music app.

This is terribly frustrating :oops: when I'm listening to Sirius or FM radio because every time navigation audio plays it kicks me back into iphone music.

There are so many variable between myLink, iphone, and waze I can't be certain the root cause. Is there something I'm missing on waze or is this a known issue I couldn't find in searching other threads?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Kylrich
Send a message

Post by lance_nichols
The app has become completely useless since the 4.0.X update. When used on my Appradio, the upper turn bar takes up almost a third of the screen , the lower bar takes up an inch, leaving a little over a third of the screen available for the map. Also the screen controls are not all working on the Appradio. When touching the turn bar it does not bring up the turn list. On the bottom bar the blue arrow that would bring up the controls to change the route or cancel the route doesn't work. When you click to put in an address, there is no way to get back to the map if you decide to not pick an address.

If I disconnect the app from the appradio and it just displays what is on the phone on the screen it is usable from a visual perspective, but you lose all the touch input. The scaling when put onto an external screen just doesn't work, and only about half of the touch interface items work. Wish I would have stayed on 3.9 or could go back to 3.9.
lance_nichols
Send a message

Post by Lu_Wei_Jie
I just had to revert to the previous 3.xx version of Waze. Not hi-tech in the user interface but at least it gets the job done and I can see a lot more information on the the map and the reports and the Wazers much clearly :P As well as there are more options when it comes to reporting :shock: I guess it will take time to merge for version 5 to give the simplicity, clarity and ease of use which version 3 had and the needed updated UI of version 4.0.1 Let's keep it coming guys! :roll:
Lu_Wei_Jie
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by LucasKellermannn
I'm having no problem with the new version, but I can't find where to see today's alerts around me anymore... :(
LucasKellermannn
Send a message
Lucas Kellermann (AM - Médio Vale do Itajaí)
"Qualidade é melhor que quantidade"
"Enviado do meu forno-microondas usando Tapatalk"
https://s.waze.tools/c2s.png

Post by LVRun13_1
Long distance routing still doesn't work. :(
LVRun13_1
Send a message

Post by m421
In 2D at least the maps are no longer distorted. I'll have to try it out on a drive to see if the 3D maps are sorted out.
m421
Send a message

Post by m_chan1
D@mn app keeps Crashing upon launching and kicks you back out onto the home screen.
Have to launch a second time to get back in! :x

Then, whenever the Star Wars advert with C3PO drops down, it Crashes the app and kicks you out onto the home screen. :evil:

Sick of the app continuously crashing!

Using iOS7.x and the current Waze app. version v4.x!

Becoming WORTHLESS every day with the frequent crashes >:(
m_chan1
Send a message

Post by MariosPatrinos
My biggest issue is inconsistent connectivity to some back end part of the system which means:
1) no real time traffic at all for the route which means time to destination is incorrect and route suggested is usually the worst one for traffic
2) no ability to send reports as there is no connection
3) no friend information

This used to happen in earlier versions but seemed fixed or at least more reliable in v4.0 but has now gotten to the point that it will not connect throughout an hour or longer drive.

The whole premise of the app is app is that it dynamically routes your around live traffic situations which in London is invaluable. Without reliable connectivity the app is no better than any other gps mapping software or the built in system in my car.
MariosPatrinos
Send a message

Post by mavrik64
Have to say the 4.0.1 release has improved the app once more bringing it closer to the waze i knew, but i still have a major problem with Waze. Like others on here, i always get the "Finding Friends" message. This along with the lack of notifications of incidents etc that are reported by other wazers. Discussing this with a mate, he had an idea that the lack of intelligence (Finding Friends, not recognizing when we're "Going to Work", no incident updates etc) many be a geographic issue. I couldn't see how this could be but set out to experiment.
On the earlier version (where it all worked) i'd turn on Waze before driving to work. A few yards down the road it would ask if i was driving to work - all good.
Now I turn it on before driving to work and it doesn't ask me if i'm going to work until i hit a particular section of my drive in.
I live in Cheshunt and drive to Stevenage. The main route is A10 and A602.
I can drive up the A10 (for about 10 miles), turn on to the A602 and it's not until i get to the Watton By Pass (about 5 miles later) that Waze asks me if i'm going to work. There is a roundabout at the start of the bypass (still on A602) and one at the end about a mile later. For the past week that i've been checking this, either at the roundabout at the start or by the time i get to the end roundabout, Waze will have asked me if i'm going to work.
When checking for Friends, again i get nothing up to said start roundabout. But again, once on the bypass, this catches up seemingly at the same time i'm asked if i'm going to work.
When leaving work in Stevenage, i start waze up and nine times out of ten, within a few yards it's asking me if i'm going home.
These findings back up my mates theory, but i'm buggered if i know why/how this is happening.
The intelligence and contribution based alerts/routing are what attracted me to Waze, but without this, it not much more than a normal Sat Nav App. I've been experimenting with Google Maps and have to say that if i "need" to go somewhere new, i cannot rely on waze any more. It's a shame really. Please get it fixed.
thanks
Brett
mavrik64
Send a message

Post by MaximumJed
It doesn't seem like anyone else is having this issue, but since 4.0 was released I've had trouble with the friends list and map icons not showing - but only in the evenings when on my way home from work.
The problem shows up as a message saying 'still loading friends list' and this persists for an hour or more. Sometimes making a phone call after 45 minutes can bring the interface back to life. Until the list is populated I can't see or report traffic issues, but navigation and routing works fine.
It doesn't appear to be a connectivity issue as the routing works fine and I can stream music, receive emails etc.

I've sent waze support an email but not had a response and the 4.0.1 update hasn't had any effect either.
MaximumJed
Send a message