The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by searchjaunt
Having said this, today only 1 of 2 drives are listed. Again, how can the lack of reliability convince new people to keep the map quality high enough? Not everybody is L3 or higher.
It’s in the benefit for users, editors and Waze that the latter can provide a stable platform.
searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by searchjaunt
I'm still getting lost drives. It happened yesterday again. It occurs to me that the slightest hickup of eg mobile data can result in being a lost drive.
The drive shows in the history of the app though.

Therefore I would urge you to provide people a solution for the lost drive problem in general, thus not only the fortnight of November last year but also to solve all the other lost drives.

Again, it is IT wise not that difficult and a simple sync button in the app/editor would do as gar as I'm concerned. 
searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by searchjaunt
israel_l2opoh0l wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:55 am it works for me (i think lol)

I don't know what works for you, but my lost drives are still nowhere to be seen. And there is a deafening silence from the Waze staff concerning this matter.

searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message
Last edited by searchjaunt on Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by searchjaunt
As mentioned before, I have lost drives on Dec 26 12:40 and Jan 4th 15:02
It occurs to me that @jonv-uk confirms my assumption that things are related with the quality of the mobile data at that moment.
A fix for this needs to be foreseen in order to prevent future lost drives.
Furthermore, I'm still waiting for a solution for the lost drives starting at Nov 15th.
A said, an option for letting users sync their data for lost drives would be a quick win, also for the future issues 

searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by searchjaunt
This answer is very disappointing and it is a shame that one needed so long to come to this result: nothing.
As said, the solution is IT wise rather easy and I don't see why it isn't implemented.
It would help a lot of L1/L2, but one doesn't seem to be interested in/care about this community.
This not very motivating and one wonders why one should even bother to proceed to edit.

searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by searchjaunt
Indeed, my drive from yesterday at 15:04 doesn't show either.

Why is this still an issue? Does Waze even care? Bugs (and the damage done) won't vanish by themselves.

I seem to have been mistaken in thinking that Waze was different and a bit more dynamic.
With all due respect, but Waze seems the handle the same philosophy as the the competitors.

Luckily there is the community which makes the difference. I hope that Waze won't let them down and neglect them completely.
searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by searchjaunt
maiapas wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:04 am
searchjaunt wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:55 am Yet 2 drives (among very long one) lost yesterday. Is there nobody at Waze who cares and is solving the issue?

Could you please share the approximate date and time of the drives? 

Thank you and apologies again for the inconvenience.

Feb 2nd, 13:07 CET
searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by searchjaunt
maiapas wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:56 pm Hi Everyone, 

I wanted to update you that the root cause for the issue of drives not being uploaded to WME was identified and fixed. New drives should be uploaded correctly. 

We understand this fix took some time and we apologize for the delay. We had some unexpected downtimes in our merger services that holded up the fix. 

We are still working on understanding if we will be able to retrieve historic drives that were missing during January.

We know these are important for you and we are trying our best. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best,

Maia

Thx for the update. I hope that, besides the attempt to recover the lost drives of January, one would consider to do the same with the ones starting from Nov 15 2021
searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message