The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by stephenhcarter
Hi,
Not sure if this is the right forum, but drives I have made since 5 August have still not appeared in the editor screen.
How long does is it meant to take for drives to appear?
Thanks
Stephen Carter
stephenhcarter
Send a message

Post by steveinark
Same here. For example, while driving from the midwest to California in the last few days, we took a slow four days to drive the distance. Each evening, I was able to edit that day's drive in the hotel within hours.
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas
Steve (Eureka Springs, AR)

Post by StevieP03
Hi all!

I am having the same issue. I was actually not getting points for about a half year, so I deleted my account and recreated it--ahhhhh, I lost everything! Even since then, I am still a zero and it's been months.
StevieP03
Send a message

Post by swashed-n-buckled
I'm currently living in Belgium, and this has been happening to me since March of 2018, and it's gotten much worse the past 3-4 months. By my estimate, I'm missing about 15-20% of my drives over the past year, but easily 50% are missing since October/November. Waze works fine during the trips. No GPS outages noticed during the trips. Sometimes an entire drive is missing, and other times it's sections missing.

I wonder if there are just so many people using it at any given time (it's VERY popular here), that the tracking system gets overwhelmed.
swashed-n-buckled
Send a message

Post by swashed-n-buckled
Seems to be at least two different things happening that people are posting about:

1. Some don't have ANY drives showing up for a given, recent period. Yes, those supposedly eventually show up.

2. People, like me, are missing drives sporadically. Sometimes an entire drive and sometimes pieces aren't there, while drives before and after continue to post. Those missing drives, in my situation, NEVER show up. It's worse now than even a month ago. I'm not seeing 75-90% of my drives now. I finally uninstalled/reinstalled the app to see If that helps (not likely). Very frustrating.

Edit April 20th: None of the missing drives I've posted about ever showed up on the map drives, so there was no "delay" in appearing. After reinstalling the app and using it for almost three weeks, the issue has gotten much better, but I'm skeptical the reinstallation helped. Perhaps they finally figured out what's causing part of the issue. I've only lost two drives the past three weeks, and both were 30 miles long. All the rest have showed up right after completion.
swashed-n-buckled
Send a message
Last edited by swashed-n-buckled on Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by TailgatorJoe
I'm not much of a "poster" but the drives aren't showing up and I drove on the 12th of August to test the system. It only recorded a third of what I did and where I went in a loop for a 4 hour drive. With in and out cell service to no service back to full service. No record of any return tracks or drives even after I had my cell service back. It only recorded the first 41 minutes or so then that's it. Apparently from what I am gathering this app only works when you have internet.(Great for suburbia) Alot of places I go are out of the realm of cellular service and the maps are needed and I would like recorded but that is not an option. Frustrating.... :|
TailgatorJoe
Send a message

Post by tanis8472
Following this with interest as mine has not recorded since 12th March.
tanis8472
Send a message

Post by tassosphotography
Re: Drives Not showing up - also my driving area is blank in an area that did today ..

my drives have to be seen since 13 December .. ok i got used of it .. and also i was bored of unistalling and installing it again .. and said to myself let's wait...

and today i took a course from my home , i have made it a place " Διαμερίσματα Χριστόδουλου Τσούλου" to " Μετέωρον καφέ bistro " in Samos Island , Greece ..

and just after some 2-3 hours, thought to go to waze editor , and make some changes in the between area .... and was... DARK .. that means "out of my editing area" ... which is NOT true ...

To waze Headquorter's : with these bugs ... you might loose volunteers wazers / editors ....

so , wake up .. and PAY somebody , and make an update / upgrade .. dont know ..

i think the WHOLE 'structure' ... is collapsing ......

thanx Anastasios Mimikakos (or nickname " tassosphotography" )
from Samos Island, Greece , Europe

email : [MOD This is a 100% public forum, please don't share your private e-mail]
mobile : [MOD This is a 100% public forum, please don't share your private phone number]
tassosphotography
Send a message

it is fixed now, my drives are working ... but i lost my drives from 13 Dec till 28 Dec .... is there any hope of waze adding them back to me ..... ?
tassosphotography
Send a message

Do the Headquarters watch our messages .. or we write all above with no reason ? !!!!!!
tassosphotography
Send a message