The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by WazinBruce
Leorenaud wrote:You might be driving with an external GPS mouse?
Than in that case no drives will be recorded and no points and no editing area will be gained.
That's the new policy of Waze.
Thanks, no using an iPhone 6s with built in GPS so that shouldn't be the issue.
WazinBruce
Send a message
Just Wazin' through life and loving it!

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Active Editor for East Side of Cleveland, Ohio

Wiki Resources: Ohio Wazeopedia | New Ohio Editors | Ohio Area Managers

Post by WazinBruce
juliansean wrote:It’s been taking a solid 2 days for drives that are repeat areas and closer to 4 days for new areas. You should reach out to your community RC and make sure you didn’t get blocked or some other issue. Some communities have moved to Discord so respond here to which community you need if you can’t get in touch. Welcome back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, actually the first drives appeared during the day today, so that's a bonus. Quick question and I know I should just check the Wiki, but are we still getting points for miles/time or just for reports because my points for the week are definitely only for gas prices and reports so far.
WazinBruce
Send a message
Just Wazin' through life and loving it!

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Active Editor for East Side of Cleveland, Ohio

Wiki Resources: Ohio Wazeopedia | New Ohio Editors | Ohio Area Managers

Post by wazr4711
Username: Wazr4711

Last recorded drive was 16.11. 8:00 CET
Since then no further drive (approximately 15 drives) was recorded. Today (26.11.22) I sent an UR around 8:45 and was not listed in WME. 

Additionally: In my driving history some drives are missing, too. 

I use the waze beta 4.79.0.2 
wazr4711
Send a message

Post by wb7shc
Has anyone from staff support provided an update that I may be missing here? I was logging 100% drives until about two weeks ago. Then at about a week ago, it would only log morning drives, but totally miss the afternoons. As of May 18th, it quit working altogether. No, it is not cell data, nor Bluetooth.
wb7shc
Send a message

Post by westfordjoe
None of my drives from Thursday, Sept. 28 through Tuesday, Oct. 3 have appeared in WME.

US-290 in Houston is under massive reconstruction. It's been difficult for Houston editors to keep up with the changes in this freeway, especially on- and off-ramps, as they are closed, reopened, or moved. Satellite images aren't sufficient, since they are seldom recent enough, and we can't tell when the satellite images were made, since their meta data containing the dates they were shot have not yet been made available to us on WME.

We've been accumulating numerous URs along a major, 10-mile stretch of US-290 indicating that ramp positions are inaccurate. On Friday, Sept. 29, I did a boots on the ground (BOTG) drive in both directions along this section of US-290. I took time off work and fought horrific traffic and construction to note the current locations of all the ramps in both directions along this 10-mile stretch of US-290, including doubling back several times to pick up overlapping ramps. This drive is missing from my recent drives, so I have no way of using it to bring the Waze map up to date. I'm now very hesitant to repeat this very difficult drive, since I have less confidence that the drive will appear in WME.

On Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 30 and October 1, I drove a 220-mile stretch of US-59 (I-69) from Houston to Jefferson, TX and back. Many of the speed limits along this route and indicated by the Waze app are incorrect, so I used WURM to record every speed limit change on this 4.5-hour drive. The WURM URs have appeared on WME, but not the drive; therefore, my EA has also not been expanded to cover this stretch of road. Without the expanded EA, I'm unable to use the newly reported speed limits to update the Waze map.

I sincerely hope that Waze staff will do everything humanly possible to try to recover these drives and those of the other editors who have posted above. They are a critical tool for us as we do our best to keep the Waze map up to date.

Joe
westfordjoe
Send a message

Post by westfordjoe
All my drives between 9/28 and 10/3 are still missing. This includes two difficult boots on the ground drives needed for map editing. Sending log files from the app didn’t fix the problem.
westfordjoe
Send a message

Post by WhiteP100
Pierletz74 wrote:Same Problem here:

Drives missing from September 20 to September 26. Drives missing from October 1 to October 3.

No updates in my account (points and edits) since 13 days.

Pierre
The issue you are describing has already been explained.
Please read this --> Points/score not updating (September-October 2016 session)
WhiteP100
Send a message
Android Xiaomi Μi A2 Lite, Waze app v4.57.2.0
https://s.waze.tools/c3s.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s0025.png

Post by world_hc310lj2
Hello. I’d like to ask the ff:

1. Is it possible that, from reviewing the drive history, one of the trip is cut and not recorded up to its destination. Why is that so?

2. Are the drives from the history accurately show the pick-up & drop-off point? Or the cut to the final point possible?

Thank you.
world_hc310lj2
Send a message

Post by world_hc310lj2
Hello. I’d like to ask the ff:

1. Is it possible that, from reviewing the drive history, one of the trip is cut and not recorded up to its destination. Why is that so?

2. Are the drives from the history accurately show the pick-up & drop-off point? Or the cut to the final point possible?

Thank you.
world_hc310lj2
Send a message

Post by world_xr8nxtcw
Also missing all drives from 18.th March later and up to 2000km until today. My last drive was today but no record. I've tried send logs manualy, but with no success.
world_xr8nxtcw
Send a message