Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by TonyB0205
None of my drives are showing after November 7th. Is this being fixed at all?
TonyB0205
Send a message

Post by TonyB0205
As I continue to monitor my account, I see points gradually increasing although no new Drives are appearing in the Map Editor. Maybe we're still getting points for traffic reports, but none for miles or kilometers. Waze should post a public announcement on our apps to indicate what's happening.
TonyB0205
Send a message

Post by TonyB0205
vince1612 wrote:As said elsewhere and also during previous years, delays around November (Thanksgiving in the US) and December (all other seasonal holidays) are very common to see, sometimes even going over 3 weeks or a month.

That is because the rest of the year people mostly use Waze to commute between work and home, unlike now where they sometimes drive across the entire country to visit family. Since everyone does that at the same time, the servers get overloaded with drives 10x-100x-1000x longer than usual.
Considering Waze has over 100'000'000 users worldwide, that makes a lot of km/miles to process.
I'm sorry. Never seen this stated before. But 7th November seems a long time before Thanksgiving on 22nd November.

Anyway, all of today's (3rd December) drives showed up, so let's hope the missing 4 weeks get updated as well.
TonyB0205
Send a message

Post by TonyB0205
RussPA wrote:Paving has been hit and miss for a long time. Although it seems that something changed recently as some are saying their paves are showing up more reliably.
I no longer use Pave. I've known a short "pave" to knock out a whole long Drive from my records.
TonyB0205
Send a message

Post by TonyFrend
My drives appear in the list but when I click on a drive, the drive does not show on the map (this has not worked for a few weeks now - at least for me)

See attached jpg for screenshot.
TonyFrend
Send a message
Attachments

Post by TonyFrend
jm6087 wrote:
TonyFrend wrote:My drives appear in the list but when I click on a drive, the drive does not show on the map (this has not worked for a few weeks now - at least for me)
With a recent update in WME, clicking on the drive no longer takes to the drive on the map. You need to go to the area to see it. But it is there
Excuse my ignorance but how do I 'go to the area'?

Thanks,

Tony
TonyFrend
Send a message

Post by TrafficNegativeAgain
Still not seeing points update... does anyone have confirmation that Waze is actively working on this.

When working "normally" how often should points update?
TrafficNegativeAgain
Send a message
Last edited by TrafficNegativeAgain on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No points/drives updates since March 27th. Not been able to find ANY commentary or acknowledgement from Waze that they are working on it or that there will be no data loss in the meantime. Anyone from Waze want to comment please?
TrafficNegativeAgain
Send a message

Yes I have been watching this status page for a few weeks but was just wondering if anyone has any more info other than 'delayed'.
Had just switched from Google Maps after hearing great things and had only been using the app for 3 days when this happened.
TrafficNegativeAgain
Send a message

Post by TripleFun92
My drives are stuck @ 25th April.

Everything is delayed :roll:
TripleFun92
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message