Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by titchy_
jm6087 wrote:
Nazride wrote:
titchy_ wrote: Do we know if HQ are aware of this issue?
they are aware since "27 Nov 2015 20:23" ...
But if people would actually read through the thread, it is noted that this happens periodically and usually the drives end up showing up.
Sorry I do not have time to read 76 pages.
titchy_
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

UK Country Manager
Yorkshire • Cumbria • Channel Islands

https://i.imgur.com/nW244c6.png

Post by tmd63
There has been some issues lately.
My last drive (I do the same regular drives each week) is from 6th Aug.
But I have also noticed that changes to existing roads in WME are not being saved as I am informed that the item I am editing has been changed since I started, but I am the only editor online for that area.
tmd63
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Waze Map Editor, Sichuan China Area, Malta and North Korea Manager.
https://www.waze.com/user/editor/tmd63
images/ranks/CountryManager_Badge.png

Post by tmd63
Thank you MapSir,
Can you confirm if this is also fixing the errors in the ROW server for roads etc that appear to have a massive data collection error. I have roads that are being edited, but are not. I am the only editor of one area that I cannot save any changes, there appear to be multiple roads overlaying themselves. Editing and/or deleting is not functioning. And there appears to be edits occurring when there cannot be?
tmd63
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by tmd63
I am having a similar issue. I had paved a number of new roads, in a least one instance, more than once, but they are not showing up in the WME. I had one drive that lasted for over an hour but only the first half of the drive appears in the WME. Not all the drive appears there, and it would appear that Waze stopped reporting the journey. All my map issues are not appearing either. Also, photos of places are not appearing. This has been ongoing for almost 6 months now. The Client shows the previous photos added but none of them are appearing when I drive to the same location and the client keeps asking to add a photo.
tmd63
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by tmd63
I have the same issue. I wanted to pave a reported issue area and on my 1 hour drive home, I paved the offending area (this was on the 5th April), but only the last 5 minutes of my drive has appeared in my drives. So I went back yesterday, surprise, surprise, the new paved area has disappeared. So I stop my routing home and sent the logs, then paved the road one way, stopped paving and set the logs successfully, then paved the road back the other way, stopped and sent the logs again successfully. Then I requested my route home, it appeared fine, but today!!!!! the first 15 minutes of my drive home from where I was paving has not appeared, but the last 33 minutes has????? It is like Waze is refusing all paving reports and is stopping any reports from appearing that are anywhere close to paved areas. As an experienced WME and Country editor, this is going to cause a lot of errors in the maps if not fixed soon.
tmd63
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by TnLuan
Hi, how long does the missing drives usually take? I have a few missing drives from a few days ago but my drive today is added. Is there still hope that those drives will be recovered?
TnLuan
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by tompoyntz
My points aren't updating either. I'm a new member. I joined 8 days ago, and I still have no points, even though I've done over 500 miles in that time.
tompoyntz
Send a message

Post by TonyB0205
None of my drives have shown up in the list since about 7:30am on 7th April. In the App and online I see my Points and positions seem to be updating a bit, so it appears the App is still tracking.

What do I need to fix to sort out the map and drive listings?
TonyB0205
Send a message

Post by TonyB0205
Thanks to both of you for the reassurance. Four days later and the remaining drives for April 7th are now updated. :D

Patiently waiting to see April 8th, 9th, 10th, and today's drives. :)
TonyB0205
Send a message

Post by TonyB0205
Finally!! All Drives fully updated now.
TonyB0205
Send a message