These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by tigernbr
Same issue for me. I have a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. The old version worked fine but since I downloaded the new version, I get the GPS error message. It still navigates fine but I can't report anything.
tigernbr
Send a message

Post by tigernbr
That fix does not work for me. It navigates fine but I cannot report anything. When I tap the button to report, I get the "no GPS" message.
tigernbr
Send a message

Post by Tim02324
It is very windy and cloudy in my area. Is that why i can't connect to gps?
Tim02324
Send a message

Post by timgatton
Have a Galaxy Note 3 and same issue. However, I installed a GPS test app, so I always start the app first, then fire up Waze ... problem seems to be GONE when I do that.
timgatton
Send a message

Post by timgatton
Once I GET a GPS connection, I seem to hold it well ... it appears to only happen when I start using it. Can take from 5 min to the whole trip (1.5 hrs) to get a connection. But when I run the GPS test before I start (and only minimize it), I don't see to have the problem.
timgatton
Send a message

Post by timgatton
People need to understand that "GPS is not GPS". Example ... I have used both a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and a LG Volt LS740 and found problems in "no GPS" or losing GPS due to fog or Waze thinking I transported 300 feet to the north. GPS quality is directly related to how much value the OEM puts in GPS performance ... low cost chips ... cheap antennas ... very little software processing ... all impact GPS performance. And GPS performance, from phase noise in the receivers to the MDS (minimum discernible signal), is not reported by the OEM's so we the average citizen cannot tell how good the GPS is in any device. However, I have found empirical evidence that says that iPhone's in general, and the Nexus 5 in particular, have exceptional GPS capabilities. With that in mind, I bought a Nexus 5 and mounted it in my car, and in EXACTLY the same conditions that caused my LG and Samsung phones to teleport me or have no GPS signal, the Nexus 5 is perfect every day in every condition.
timgatton
Send a message

Post by Titaniumn1
Hello there. I have a Note 4 (N910H) and i have some issues with the GPS. When i try to use waze it shows me the following error. If u use Google maps it's not quite accurate but it works. I mean the blue dot sometimes "jumps" around. What can i do in order to make waze working?
Titaniumn1
Send a message

Post by tomas9er
Most of the time when I initially open WAZE, it says no GPS reception. I then close WAZE and then open and then works fine. Seattle area is my primary area, but was just in Arizona with same GPS issue. iPhone 12 and up to date IOS.
No location issues with Google maps or Apple maps.
tomas9er
Send a message

Post by tomc1977
A few days ago, Waze starting showing "No GPS connection" on my phone (though GPS works for my other apps). I'm on a iPhone 6 with iOS 9.2, and the current version of Waze. I've tried everything from uninstalling/reinstalling the app several times to resetting network connections, and have been on the phone with Apple and my carrier (AT&T), all to no avail. No one has a clue.

Anyone have any suggestions? Waze's customer support seems awful. I'm ready to just delete the app for good.
tomc1977
Send a message

Post by ToxicDiver
Hi,
My GPS is working perfectly fine when i have no route selected, localisation is precise, all working fine. Once i select a route, Waze seems incapable of finding me and add the red message No GPS...... It was working fine prior to last iOS and waze update
I have tried everything to no avail. Looking at options, comparing with friends options, trying at various locations, removing and installing again the app.

No luck !
Help please !
Thanks
ToxicDiver
Send a message