HOV Lanes Feature

[ img ] This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

Moderator: delilush

HOV Lanes Feature

Postby MapSir » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:39 am

Hey Ya'll!

Do you often drive on HOV lanes and want to help us improve how Waze routes them?
Fill out this form with info on a recent route (1 per form) so we can better understand the issue.
Waze will use the info you provide to identify HOV lanes you drove while using the app, to improve our ability to detect HOV lanes for other users and in accordance with the Waze Privacy Policy.

https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/fo ... A/viewform

Thank you for helping!
MapSir
MapSir
Waze Team
Waze Team

Re: HOV Lanes Feature

Postby PesachZ » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:05 pm

For easy sharing feel free to copy this.
HT:karlcr9911

Do you use HOV/HOT lanes?
Know anyone who does use HOV?
Want to help Waze better understand the issue & route better for HOV?
Please fill in this form after each HOV drive, and share this form with anyone in the USA that uses HOV and have them submit their drive info directly following each HOV usage:
http://j.mp/HOVproject
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby dcline414 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:43 pm

How recent does it need to be, and how long a trip? Would 5 minutes spent in the HOT lane two weeks ago be worth submitting? (Exact times are easily identified on toll statements.)
dcline414

Postby PesachZ » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:26 pm

dcline414 wrote:How recent does it need to be, and how long a trip? Would 5 minutes spent in the HOT lane two weeks ago be worth submitting? (Exact times are easily identified on toll statements.)

Its worth a try, 2 weeks is a bit much, but it doesnt hurt to submit it. I don't know exactly how long the drives are retained in your individual logs. But any minutes spent in the HOV/T is worth reporting, definitely report it if you drive through them again, each time.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby MapSir » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:10 pm

Anything helps! Recent should be max 2 weeks, no matter how long you've spent on the HOV lane, as long as it was on purpose and not by mistake (entering and immediately exiting).

Thank you!!
MapSir
MapSir
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby mac11331 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:20 pm

I drive the HOV lane daily, when I look at the estimated arrival time when I leave my house, vs the HOV actual time I save a minimum of 20 minute.
In California we have some designated offramps for HOV that are also optional toll lanes. I would love to be able to tag where these are.
Today, taking the I880 south to 237 W ramp toll/HOV lane I saved over 15 minutes in traffic (for about 2 miles worth of road). It would be hugely valuable to track those time savings or to hit an "HOV lane" button. It would also be nice to indicated when there is an HOV lane slow vs a standard traffic stop.
mac11331

Postby PesachZ » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:24 pm

mac11331 wrote:I drive the HOV lane daily, when I look at the estimated arrival time when I leave my house, vs the HOV actual time I save a minimum of 20 minute.
In California we have some designated offramps for HOV that are also optional toll lanes. I would love to be able to tag where these are.
Today, taking the I880 south to 237 W ramp toll/HOV lane I saved over 15 minutes in traffic (for about 2 miles worth of road). It would be hugely valuable to track those time savings or to hit an "HOV lane" button. It would also be nice to indicated when there is an HOV lane slow vs a standard traffic stop.

Fill out the form in the first post each time. Waze staff are using the data to build a system for handling HOV nicely in the app

Sent from Android using Tapatalk
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:50 pm

FYI congrats, I've been informed by staff waze now has accumulated enough data in the meantime with this form. For now there is no more need to keep filling it out. They'll let is know when they made progress on implementing the actual feature. Thanks everyone who contributed.

Last edited by PesachZ on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby Sytecyer » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:18 am

Editors should be able to designate a road/lane as HOV. I frequently drive 57S-91W and reverse, there is a dedicated transition ramp each direction that often bypasses the normal bottleneck.
Sytecyer

Postby PesachZ » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:30 am

Sytecyer wrote:Editors should be able to designate a road/lane as HOV. I frequently drive 57S-91W and reverse, there is a dedicated transition ramp each direction that often bypasses the normal bottleneck.

Yes correct t, that's what this project is about.

PesachZ wrote:FYI congrats, I've been informed by staff waze now has accumulated enough data in the meantime with this form. For now there is no more need to keep filling it out. They'll let is know when they made progress on implementing the actual feature. Thanks everyone who contributed.

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Next

Return to United States