Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Calgary - Online Waze Map

Post by iggy
Why isn't Calgary shown on the online waze map in either the American or International versions? Seemingly capital cities are deemed important but not major population centers!

I have tried using the search function but I have only ended up getting very unhelpful responses (Calgary in Alabama is not helpful). I have also tried scrolling down from Edmonton, however the main highway is not thoroughly mapped so it becomes impossible to navigate down.

Fundamentally what I am asking is if it would be possible for someone to add the title marker of Calgary, Alberta, Canada to the coordinates 51.044119, -114.06877.
iggy

POSTER_ID:81059

Send a message

Post by sketch
By the way, if you do choose to undertake the mapping of Calgary, note that Canada is on the North American server and not the International server. The city location should populate itself once enough streets are created with Calgary in their city field.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by Zirland
Your discovery, that Calgary Canada is not on the map means, that nobody have mapped the city yet. When the very first street of the city is mapped and named, the new city will pop up on the live map.
Zirland
Send a message
"The Wazebrity"