Roundabout segments in opposing directions!

Post by AliG2605
Hi all,
I was just looking at a UR and selected all segments in the roundabout and the left hand pane says: " segments are in opposing directions".
Has anyone come across this before?
How is it even possible?

Checking other roundabouts the segments are all B to A. But in this one the lower right quadrant is A to B.
Would this issue have affect the routing?
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... st=6375258
AliG2605

POSTER_ID:16904502

Send a message

Post by AliG2605
Hi All,
Thanks, this has proved to be an very interesting discussion. I'd never tried the Toolbox add-on so have now downloaded and tried it on this roundabout.
Edit...
Initially the toolbox appeared to do nothing, but I just had another go and it worked :D
Should be fixed now.
AliG2605
Send a message

Post by B_Carp
I remember this one. I came across this one randomly while looking at something else. The roundabout was broken. Bradley St to the east of the roundabout had previous been divided by someone. Someone else had then come through & undivided it. When I saw the roundabout, this segment to this segment had been marked as a Red Arrow. And there was an extra node in the roundabout left over from the previous undivision. Basically, I cleaned it up & moved bits around to make it a Normal roundabout.

The problem the OP saw is one I've seen before in other contexts. Sometimes, when selecting a length of road, where the A-B directions are different between segments, this message will come up. I don't think it affects routing, but may affect if you choose to do a mass conversion to one-way.

There may be a clue as to who may have introduced the Red Arrow in the last editor for the north-south roads?
B_Carp
Send a message
Attachments

Post by B_Carp
ispyisail wrote:I use Toolbox to fix Roundabouts
I am also finding it easier to delete & reconstruct roundabouts that to move the million little dots around.

How does Toolbox fix roundabouts?
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by B_Carp
ispyisail wrote:Push 1 button, fixed
Ah, I don't have that button on my toolbox. Seems that I need to be AM & L3 to have access to that.
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by B_Carp
No need to fix the roundabout. It was already done a day prior to the UR being raised. Just needs time to propagate to the live app. However, if you wish to get 21 points, go right ahead! :)
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by glomp
ispyisail wrote:+1 ituajr

I use Toolbox to fix Roundabouts
Using Toolbox to fix roundabouts will change the lock level of the roundabout segments, if it was previously Automatic(1) to L1. This will then be an issue if the Automatic lock level changes in the future.

If the roundabout is locked at a manual lock level, then recreating the roundabout doesn't change the lock level.
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by glomp
ispyisail wrote:I can honestly say in all my years with Waze I have never intentionally done any action for points alone. (In my opinion, meaning no map improvement)

You could see how that button could rack up the points fast.
Well lets see, you seem to have forgotten when using the following Toolbox functions - Auto fix unconfirmed turns, Auto add nodes to loops, Suppress unneed geometry on the map.

We still come across paved red roads, with you as the last editor and turns disabled and no name or city name added to them or other segments in general with disabled turns.

So in this thread about Throttling, the most vocal see the main problem is not getting points....
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
My guess is it was broken

But it was fixed by: "Updated: June 09, 2016 by B_Carp(2)"

???
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message