Post by ispyisail
B_Carp wrote:
ispyisail wrote:I use Toolbox to fix Roundabouts
I am also finding it easier to delete & reconstruct roundabouts that to move the million little dots around.

How does Toolbox fix roundabouts?
Push 1 button, fixed

ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
B_Carp wrote:
ispyisail wrote:Push 1 button, fixed
Ah, I don't have that button on my toolbox. Seems that I need to be AM & L3 to have access to that.
I wonder why its restricted?

Oh well...........
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
theclem54 wrote:I believe the toolbox makers restricted the roundabout re-creation button as it was apparently an easy way to rack up points real quick back in the day. I'm not sure what the effect is after the point accumulation update the other month/year/whenever.
Must check it out, something I have never considered.
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
There you go, 21 points for one click for a basic 4 way roundabout. (nothing wrong with the roundabout)

I can honestly say in all my years with Waze I have never intentionally done any action for points alone. (In my opinion, meaning no map improvement)

You could see how that button could rack up the points fast.
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
...........for points alone
In my opinion, meaning no map improvement

Yes I chase points .......but but not at the expensive of doing nothing to improve the map or intentionally creating errors.

If I create a segment and don't name the city or the street and the road is actually there it is actually map improvement in my opioion......................we could debate this to the cows come home but I think we can agree to disagree on this.

The end of the day the New Zealand Waze Map is streets ahead of Australia in just about every area. In fact i'm running out of stuff to do and i'm now looking seriously at house numbers.
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
Back to the original question
I was just looking at a UR and selected all segments in the roundabout and the left hand pane says: " segments are in opposing directions".
Has anyone come across this before?
How is it even possible?
Its my opinion/suspect that somebody broken the roundabout then somebody else came alone and fixed it but the map had not been updated so the roundabout didn't work as expected.

It's one of those things that we many never find that answer to?
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
ituajr wrote:In my reply to the update request about the roundabout problem, I pointed the reporter to this topic to see senior editor work out how to deal with the problem. Now I'm regretting that. Certain recent postings are completely inappropriate for this topic. The children don't like it when Mummy and Daddy fight! If you have a problem with someone, please take it private, take it to a higher authority, or make a non-provocative posting in a new topic. After all, if a junior editor can raise a frustrating problem with another editor in a polite way in viewtopic.php?f=56&t=183766, I would hope a senior editor can too. Remember, one of the forum guidelines is "The Waze community is always respectful and considerate of each other." (viewtopic.php?f=636&t=58102).
Sorry
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by theclem54
I believe the toolbox makers restricted the roundabout re-creation button as it was apparently an easy way to rack up points real quick back in the day. I'm not sure what the effect is after the point accumulation update the other month/year/whenever.
theclem54
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by theclem54
I've never broken the map by 'fixing' a roundabout to give it consecutive segment ID's. Once it's done, it's done. From there, as long as no-one breaks it (new roads, splitting roads), then the speed data won't be lost again.

If there's any doubt as to the routing effectiveness with the non-consecutive ID's, which there is, then a roundabout not meeting these requirements should be re-created at the sacrifice of the traffic data.
theclem54
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message