Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by Poncewattle
aBshield wrote:
Road Type Discontinuity - The freeway/highway segments immediately before and immediately after the possible detour must be from the same 'Road Type Group' as defined in the chart below. The last segment of the detour must not be in that same 'Road Type Group.'
I had this behavior trip me up for quite a while on a situation where I was trying to implement a BDP to fix a routing problem and had the beginning of the detour a different road group but not the last segment. Drove me nuts until this behavior was learned.

Even if Waze eventually starts checking more segments for a different road group, the fact that right now the last segment requires it and almost certainly that requirement won't go away -- just maybe be extended -- means ensuring that last segment is set to a different road group is a good practice.

It will also be very helpful to avoid a situation where a mentor tells a mentee about it and that mentee says "But that's not what it says in the wiki." :lol:
Poncewattle  
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message