Waze telling me one way but routing opposite

Post by Norfolkjimsaab
Driving home last night (in UK) on route I have used many times along a country road.

Road ahead with priority bends slightly to left. Route on screen highlighted correctly showing to turn off to the right - bizarrely voice command says keep left!!!! That would take me in opposite direction to which highlighted route shows. For rest of journey all was fine and spot on including speed limits.

I went the opposite way this morning and all was fine but coming back it did exactly the same. How can it point in one direction but tell you another?? My phone is Samsung S7 with latest Android update 6.0.1 which has no issues with any other navigation app.
Norfolkjimsaab

POSTER_ID:17364608

Send a message

Post by AndyPot2
Norfolkjimsaab wrote: As I come from the B1108 the direction I wish to go (which Waze has highlighted in purple) is to turn right onto Wicklewood Road but the voice command says 'turn left' which would take me onto Crownthorpe Road.
I've found the problem but it's just outside my editing area however I sure someone here will have it fixed shortly. Must have been a slight finger problem :roll: when it was mapped!
AndyPot2
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AndyPot2
There is a problem with turn restrictions on the previous segment although Wazers probably won't notice because the next segment will give a turn right to take them around the other side of the island..
AndyPot2
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Can you tell us where so we can check the map and rule out issues there first?
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
AndyPot2 wrote:
Norfolkjimsaab wrote: As I come from the B1108 the direction I wish to go (which Waze has highlighted in purple) is to turn right onto Wicklewood Road but the voice command says 'turn left' which would take me onto Crownthorpe Road.
I've found the problem but it's just outside my editing area however I sure someone here will have it fixed shortly. Must have been a slight finger problem :roll: when it was mapped!
Fixed! Good spot!
dmcconachie
Send a message

dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
I have found this to happen generally when two segments have the same beginning and end point. Knowing the exact location where this occurred would really help to identify and fix it.
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by Norfolkjimsaab
Sure - travelling south east on B1135 from the B1108 about half of a mile where road changes from Wymondham Road into Crownthorpe Road on slight bend (still the main B1135) and there is a right turning (south) called Wicklewood Road.

As I come from the B1108 the direction I wish to go (which Waze has highlighted in purple) is to turn right onto Wicklewood Road but the voice command says 'turn left' which would take me onto Crownthorpe Road.

It has happened to me 3 times now so not a 'one off' occurrence. The location is approx 3 miles north west of Wymondham, Norfolk UK
Norfolkjimsaab
Send a message