Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by yuyi85
Hi,

I've tried several times to validate my phone number without success... Please help!!

I'm not getting the pin via text message... and when I try to request a phone call I get the message "Invalid PIN, try typing the PIN again".

That message pops up even though nothing is type in PIN spaces...

Something is really wrong.

Thanks!

Adrian
yuyi85
Send a message

Post by zorba1288
Just my 3 cents after wasting few days on this issue.
My login screen contains:
- login with phone numer (phone textbox and button)
- login with facebook

There was no "login using username" prompt. But I just decided to switch language from my native to english - and - near to the bottom edge of screen, few pixels of some text line appeared. Then - tapping, double tapping, dragging, and finally something happened and screen scrolled to very bottom showing to me username/password login controls everyone was speaking about :).

Without changing language I would never know this option was there - as login screen is broken and scroll doesn't work.

So please listen carefully to users who already confirmed that behavior multiple times - something is wrong with that screen - phone gets kinda locked, scrolling is impossible - and "loging with password" is simply out of viewport.

Completely another thing is that phone based verification doesn't work....

marcin
zorba1288
Send a message

Post by ZundiriDino
Hi,

I can't log in with my existing account on my new phone. If i navigate to the menupoint "account" -> "login with existing account" -> "start" -> "accept", the app throws me back to the "account" screen. From this point i can go the way "login with existing account" -> "start" -> "accept" over and over again, but I can't log in.

It's a Sony z3 compact(D5803) with Android 6.0.1 and Waze Version4.32.0.3

The Problem is that the App has associated my Number with a new emty "Wazer" user, so i can't log in with my phone Number.
ZundiriDino
Send a message
Last edited by ZundiriDino on Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ZundiriDino
RussPA wrote:Logging in with Facebook or phone number has always been a problem. Username & password are the best way to log in.
Yes, but it's not working...
ZundiriDino wrote:If i navigate to the menupoint "account" -> "login with existing account" -> "start" -> "accept", the app throws me back to the "account" screen. From this point i can go the way "login with existing account" -> "start" -> "accept" over and over again, but I can't log in.
ZundiriDino
Send a message

Post by ZundiriDino
RussPA wrote:Keep in mind both the username and password are case sensitive. Several other people in this thread had the same issue but managed to find the username/password option. One example is here. Once you do get back in, you may want to check out the Smart Lock option to make it easier to switch phones.
Maybe it is a thing that can be optimized in the next version of the Waze app? I had the same issue with my girlfriends phone and this was a complete new installation...
Maybe the account management could be a bit better...
ZundiriDino
Send a message