Post by Thadius856
Suggest amending the U/U post guidelines to include adding "[SL]" in the new thread name for SL's.

This would allow responders to quickly tell at-a-glance that they could knock it out in a few clicks and help keep the backlog down.
Thadius856
Send a message

Post by Thadius856
Ok, I gave SLs as U/U's a go. Here's some observations.

Processing through U/U takes about 10x the amount of work than it would if you could update them yourself, plus requires (a not insignificant amount of) time from the editor processing the request.

You have to grab all the segments in one fell swoop. By the time I get to the end of the SV trip, I've forgotten where I started because I often rely on the red "edits pending" highlights when editing normally. Often there's multiple different SLs along the way, so it becomes even harder to remember. You also have to get the zoom level right and double-/triple-check that the links work properly. Even after testing all my links several times, the editor processing one of my requests was only getting some of the segments pre-selected, while I was getting all of them. We reproduced this several times with that link. I think maybe there's a max distance off the edge of the screen that PLs can be pre-selected as a measure to prevent accidental bad edits, but nobody I've spoken with believes this to be actual behavior in prod, so it's current unexplained.

In the end, I ended up spending almost an hour creating 3 U/U's (I'm not including the SV time). This is with the help of the extra Toolbox buttons.

I'm all about efficiency of work and as high of hopes as I'd had for U/U being the best solution, it doesn't seem to be panning out in my test.
Thadius856
Send a message