Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by vtpearce
I've recently pushed out version 1.7.0 of the base WAL script and updated all of the plugins.
One update was made to all plugins - the ability to support optional fields in the output. There's now an Output tab in WAL that allows you to select/de-select optional fields to include in the output (use the standard multi-select keyboard feature for your operating system). The primary benefit of NOT including certain fields is that it may allow WAL to better combine segments into a single output row. When a field like "Updated By" is included in the output, WAL must output different rows for the same "street" if they have been updated by different users. Not including it may allow WAL so output fewer rows (based on the uniqueness of the remaining columns included in the output).

I also included several fixes and new functionality in version 1.8.2 of the Streets plugin:
  • Find segments that are missing a City designation on the primary name, alt names, either, or all.
  • Find segments that have house numbers but no city designation
  • Find "red roads" (segments that haven't had the name and city set)
  • Find segments with expired restrictions
  • Filter based on the TTS override text
  • Fixed the "Newly Paved" issue
  • Only zoom to the highest level if required to based on the type of segments being scanned and/or whether turn instruction information is being used

vtpearce
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by vtpearce
ojlaw wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:51 pm
I've also gotten rid of the different zoom levels based on the segment types selected. WAL will now zoom in to the closest level regardless of segment types. This was due to the fact that turn instruction information is only available at the higher zoom levels. The unfortunate side effect is that scans will take longer.
would it be possible to make it so WAL only zooms to the closest level when turn instruction information is being scanned? the difference in scan time at the closest zoom(zoom 17 for turn info) vs FW to PS segment only(zoom 14) scans would be days rather than hours for large areas. thank for your consideration and the updates.

Thanks for the suggestion - I don't know why I didn't think of doing that!
I've pushed out version 1.8.2 of the Streets plugin that should zoom to 16 only when either the segment type and/or the inclusion of turn instruction information requires it.
vtpearce
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by vtpearce
Mikepedia wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:39 pm First off, thank you so much vtpearce and crazycaveman for creating and keeping this script updated. I've only recently starting using it, and I'm already loving it! It's already helped me out a bunch. I do have a feature request for the Streets Plugin:

Under turn guidance, could we get a filter that searches for voice prompt as Waze selected && <instruction given>? For example, searching for segments where the voice prompt is Waze selected && exit right? The use case I'm thinking of is finding turns where the user should receive a turn right, but because of road types, angles, etc... receives an exit right? I tried using the filter of mH and MH segments and Has voice prompt Exit right, but unfortunately this only picks up overrides.

Thanks again for this wonderful script!

I'll add this to a list for consideration, but at first glance this would seem to be a rather slow and resource intensive filter to add. It sounds like what you're requesting is a way to do what the Junction Angle Info script does, but in an automated fashion over a much larger area. It would involve examining the segment type as well as computing the angle between segments to determine what the expected Waze instruction would be. That's the part that I think would be resource intensive.
vtpearce
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by vtpearce
RichardPyne wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:42 am Got it working, PEBKAC error.

I do have a feature request. Would it be possible to add color bars on the output tab to make it easier to follow what is on one line?

Thanks!

I'm assuming you mean when output is sent to a browser tab. If so, I'll add that to the list.

vtpearce
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by vtpearce
I've just released version 1.8.0 of the base WAL script and version 1.9.0 of the WAL Streets plugin.

These updates add support for the newly-released Suggested Segments feature in WME. You will find 2 new filters that are geared towards Suggested Segments. Suggestions don't include a lot of information, so there are only a few other existing filters that apply. Those filters are now marked with a *.

vtpearce
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by vtpearce
Larryhayes7 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:14 pm
YanisKyr wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:02 pm Hey, I've noticed the Places script returns null or "Not found" for Street/Created By/Last Updated By.

Also, the Streets script finishes scanning and stays stuck at 100%. Cancel doesn't work, the file is never exported, and the only solution for me is to hard refresh the browser tab.

I spoke to the editor since we live fairly close to each other and he said that a fix will be put in place on Monday.

I've pushed out a new version that addresses these issues. You'll need to pull down a new version of the base WME Wide Angle Lens script as well as any plugins that you're using. Due to the nature of the fixes, it might be best to update the base script and refresh WME before updating the plugin scripts. If you don't, it might require a couple of refreshes of the WME browser window before everything starts working.
vtpearce
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by W1QA
Wondering if there is a way to take an existing area shape in WME and use that in the WAL script. For example, I've drawn this area comment to cover a village within a town:
https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... 146.289655

(or is there a way in WME to export that such that it can be imported into WAL?)
W1QA
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by W1QA
Thanks for the quick reply.

I had initially drawn an area comment so I could share that area with other editors. It wasn't too complicated but took some time to accomplish. One of the drawback is the comment area is filled and not just an outline.

As you suggested I did actually overdraw it and saved in WAL - along with generating the WKT file. The benefit of the WAL area is it can be drawn as the outline - perfect! Drawback is that the WKT file would have to be shared with others ... they'd have to have WAL installed and enabled.

I'll probably take the approach of just drawing future areas in WAL ...

Be nice if WME allowed for the export of WKT for areas ...
W1QA
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by WazingArch
I would like the script to check for missing website address of gas stations. Also to work when non-English language is selected. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WazingArch
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator BG • Global Champ • CM Manager BG • Translator
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Уики България | Best map editing practice