Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by crazycaveman
Pushed version 1.4.2 last night, which just fixes the WAL tab showing up underneath other scripts (e.g. GIS-L). A future release will allow the tab to recover when switching between metric and imperial units as well as event and editing mode.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Version 1.4.3 adds support for the Alley road type in the Cities and Streets plugins. Also, those two and the locks plugin have been updated with support for the latest WME release. Also, saved settings now load properly (wouldn't load right in some cases previously).
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
ldriveskier wrote:When running a WAL scan and exporting to a browser tab, the PL comes out in the form of the work "Permalink" with a hyperlink to the actual PL. I can copy the columns into either Excel or Google Sheets to be able to put my results onto a pin map, but then I lose the hyperlink upon import to the pin map. I haven't found an easy way to extract the permalink in either Excel or Sheets. Am I missing something? Alternately, can I request there be an option to output the PL URL directly to the tab instead of in the current hyperlinked form?
For each plugin, before you start the scan, you can tell it to output the results to the browser, a CSV file (which excel can open and you can import into Google sheets), or both. I've considered adding a button to the browser output to allow saving it as a CSV (similar to how validator used to function, but that just saved as a webpage), but haven't given it much thought. Would that solution suffice? Or is there a particular reason you output to the browser rather than a CSV file?
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Interesting, I don't think I've had issues with the CSV not being created before. If that's the case, adding the download button might not help as it would work the same way the output to CSV option does. I'm prepping a release for the streets plugin, I'll see if I can add that in quickly for you to use. I'll also see if I can figure out why the CSV doesn't download sometimes (thanks ojlaw for that insight)
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Looks like I haven't run into this because Firefox doesn't have a length limit on URIs, as opposed to Chrome, which has a 2 MB limit (for US characters, that's 2097152, which comes out to a maximum of 2097124 allowed characters in a scan with the way the data is being generated here) (thanks, stackoverflow). So if you run your scans in Firefox, you won't have any issue using the CSVs until this is fixed. The good news is that there seems to be ways to get it working right, I'll just have to spend some time understanding it.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
I have pushed update 1.4.4 which includes fixes issues downloading CSV files in Chrome for every plugin! Also included are a fix to recreate the WAL tab when you change modes or units (imperial <-> metric) and added unknown direction segments as an issue in the streets plugin. Let me know if you have any issues.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Interesting. Looks like the encoding didn't get decoded by the browser for some reason. What version of chrome do you have?
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Shoot, looks like I messed up and didn't test properly when trying to get it out... I'll have a fix out sometime soon
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Looks like I was able to get it fixed now. Update your plugins and everything should be fixed
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
New versions of the Cities (v1.1.4) and Places (v1.3.5) plugins were released! Cities now works with the Cities Overlay and WME Geometries scripts! If you load city polygons with either of these, you should see them appear in the Cities drop down now (as well as any other scripts that add polygons to the map). If there's anything that doesn't look right, or another script that should be there but isn't, just let me know and I can look into it.
The Places plugin now has Residences in the category selection, so have fun finding pictures of everyone's house and stalking them from afar with high-quality grainy images.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message