Post by mikupoiss
levin, thanks for supporting my thoughts! :)
I wrote earlier about this in the thread but your opinion as a GC has a lot more weight on things.

It seems to me that Waze has grown too big to handle for the current team. Of course, growing and actually becoming a big company can have bad effect on communication but I have hope that Waze as a whole can overcome current problems :)

As far as what Shirli has posted - coming from a small country with good map and hectic CM appearance, I find it necessary to make some exceptions for chain of communication and user promotions. It wouldn't be easy, of course, but it would also help a lot during problematic times (reckless editors, country-specific issues etc).
mikupoiss
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Mynios
iainhouse wrote:I'm also VERY long-winded so I'm sorry: this is a long post.
Your post could be longer because I miss many other bulletpoints (examples as Waze would say). But this isn't the point. Such a post needs some letters and you hit perfectly the point. There is no need to count the letters.

Many thanks for your post!!! People like you have made Waze successful!!!
Mynios
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Nomenclator1677
I totally agree on what you said so well, Iain!

Each of us could see the cup half full or half empty. For me, it is always better to see it half full
Nomenclator1677
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Last edited by Nomenclator1677 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AM Massif des Bauges / Bout du Lac d'Annecy
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _0M_6c.png
“« ”Emmanuel Macron : Une révolution ne s’invite pas, c’est le peuple qui la décide” Beyrouth - août 2020»

La démocratie, c’est deux loups et un agneau qui votent sur ce qu’ils vont manger à midi.

La liberté, c’est un agneau bien armé qui conteste le vote ! »
Benjamin Franklin

Post by Olestas
Fully agree. I see support quality falling, and Waze turning on ignore button on us.. and then pretend as if nothing has changed. I actually feel like project is stopped.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
We already are in contact with Estonia.. but unfortunately our CM is silent as is ;]
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
I think in future it would be a good idea that every country listed top 5 issues from centercode in app they want to be fixed..
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by omba_de
Thanks Iain.
I think you have the finger on the pulse...

I also think many great editors decreased their work the last months. And I guess, since HQ loves statistics, that they found out already... not sure if they (re-)act to that, though...

I think the biggest problem of HQ are the standards, given by google.
Take the "parking feature" for example... Apple announced to have a parking feature and a few days later it was absolute top priority for the community to add it to Waze. Google needed it obviously (not Waze. We asked them to wait some more time...)
And therefore the little answers they provided to us were presumably the little answers they got from google... it's just my assumption... perhaps we shouldn't make a difference between Waze and google anymore.

In the end it's just another google maps...
omba_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/0/00/AtericSig.png

AT-Wiki
Wie Waze Routen Kalkuliert

Post by PesachZ
First, I do indeed agree with a lot that you mention here, and feel there can, and should be improvement. I thank you for the time and courage you spent to write this post, and share your personal feelings with us.

I do also want to give credit where it is due. You mention that there are no feedback threads for iOS and Android versions. That is because the changelogs, beta, and production release notes and feedback threads, including dedicated threads for certain specific features are all maintained in centercode. Granted not every community member or use has access, but any champ can be a beta tester. I must say that staff do participate heavily in those threads and do respond to issues, even postponing releases for show-stopping issues when reported by the users. The other teams in Waze could take an example from them.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/gc.pngNYhttps://j.mp/1xPiWC8https://j.mp/1C9mUY2
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum

Post by Pilotdave69
Iain, well said. Also, it's great to have you back, you were very much missed. :D
Pilotdave69
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by ply8808
I appreciate the update post from iainhouse, he is the creator of this topic and giving an update is helpful to those who have been interested and following the progress of the concerns posted.
Would like everyone to consider the great waze editor community leadership that is in place at the local and global levels, the champs and county coordinators do hear the frustrations, and do escalate the items deemed necessary and beneficial to the community.
Please understand that at each level there is a prioritization of the items, this is necessary to ensure focus is placed on the most important and continue to elevate other items when an item is addressed or/and as priorities change.
Never forget that the local/global representation is communicating with staff in the background, they may not always find satisfaction but they do not give up and are always advocating for the editing community.
I agree that improvements have been made in the communication with staff, and that it will continue to improve, and I look forward to iainhouse's updates in this topic on that progress.
ply8808
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ
Local Champ - USA
HD riding wazer, Arizona.
iPhone 7, iOS 13.3.1