Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Welcome to the Waze Professional Drivers Community!

Post by adriansinger
Hi there,

Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app, and we're proud that also Professional Drivers are among our happy users.

That's why today we're opening this dedicated space to you: a forum dedicated exclusively to professional drivers!

Either if you want to request new Waze features, demand bug fixes, or exchange knowledge and experience with fellow drivers, please feel free to post here your ideas. We've created the Passenger Transportation sub-forum and the Delivery or Courier Service sub-forum to allow you joining the conversation while keeping the focus of what interests you.

We want to make Waze a better product for you, to fit your needs. So please be welcome to this community and let the party begin!

Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:74536

Send a message
Adrián Singer
Community Manager
Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, Republic of Korea, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Mongolia, Laos, Bhutan & Brunei

Post by adriansinger
GACowBoy wrote:Awesome! I drive a tractor trailer delivery. Would love routing for trucks. Low over passes, weight limits,etc.
This is amazing, I love it when you guys are involved!

Thank you for your feedback and please make sure to fill in our dedicated survey if you haven't yet.

Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer
Community Manager
Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, Republic of Korea, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Mongolia, Laos, Bhutan & Brunei

Post by adriansinger
Hi I5Surfer,

You're right, although you're not formally a professional driver, you're a complete pro!

It's a pleasure having you on board, and thank you for your post. We'll be glad to hear (read) your feedback on how we can improve Waze for professional drivers. You can use the General Issues (not Professional related) thread if you want to suggest improvements.

Thank you,
Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer
Community Manager

Post by AeRoBianCo
GoldenBuffaloSoldier wrote: Why is there no communication via the app that there might be an issue & why is there no human eyes looking at the situation?
Also, replying with form letters on something like this really looks Mickey Mouse & not very business like.
Hello GoldenBuffaloSoldier

According to the communication via the app there is only a way reporting map errors specifying clearly the issue and depending the zone can influence the amount of avalaible volunteer editors. If there is no answer you can contribute to edit the map by consulting and clarifying doubts in the forum and Wazeopedia and some body may help you.
AeRoBianCo
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message
AeRoBianCo
https://s.waze.tools/sm.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/am.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/betc.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/beta.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s0500.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/p1000.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c5.png
Supervisor Regional Sureste (Chiapas, Guerrero, Oaxaca).
State Manager (Puebla).
Ex-México Country Manager y Ex-Local Champ. :(

Post by GACowBoy
Awesome! I drive a tractor trailer delivery. Would love routing for trucks. Low over passes, weight limits,etc.
GACowBoy
Send a message

Post by GoldenBuffaloSoldier
How does one become recognized as a professional driver so that the system doesn't flag the account & punish the driver for "faking" drives & "excessive" reporting by demoting the user's rankings, revoke permissions(editing for example) & other threats that are listed in the form email one receives when the "system automatically flags" the account?
Why is there no communication via the app that there might be an issue & why is there no human eyes looking at the situation?
Also, replying with form letters on something like this really looks Mickey Mouse & not very business like.
GoldenBuffaloSoldier
Send a message

I am a professional driver & have been on the road for nearly 30 years.
I joined Waze 4 years ago, averaging a 100,000 miles a year, give or take a few thousand or so and this year I should average well over 120,000 miles.
This week I was flagged for "faking drives" & "massive reporting" & sent the automatically generated form letter.
As this is a "community based" driving app I thought that it was appropriate to "inform" the community of the issues that I was driving through(speed zone changes due to construction, road direction changes, etc) and early last month(April), 3 of my reports were dealt with.
I believe that part of the reason for the delay was the lack of an editor to verify my notifications and when someone chose to look at them I all of a sudden had mail.
How does the the app? I mean, does it use my phone's GPS/location/direction sensors or the cell towers it pings, to collect data & display the mileage, speed, direction and ETA to my destination
If this is supposed to be a "community based driving app" why am I being accused of "faking drives & massive reporting" when there is no way of supplying information or indicating that I am a professional driver accumulating miles & experiencing issues at a greater rate than that of a pleasure driver?
I also want to know about the punitive punishment that I am receiving(drop in rankings & reduction in points accumulated, for example)and when the punishment is ended and if I will receive credit for the losses I have received?
I also want to make sure that other "Wazers" don't receive the treatment that I have received. I sent in a initiating correspondence & was supplied links to click on that were "supposed" to answer my questions but all one of the links supplied was another opportunity to sent in another email.
I don't want to receive a warning that I am sending a massive amount of emails, next.
GoldenBuffaloSoldier
Send a message

Hello vince1612. Thank you for the update. My apologies for not getting back sooner.
GoldenBuffaloSoldier
Send a message

Post by I5Surfer
While not a "professional driver"in the most common definition, I taught defensive driving for over 27 years, and now, in my retirement, I log tens of thousands of miles each year, traveling this beautiful country of ours, on many many hiking adventures and visits to children. I am a Cardiomyopathy and am not allowed to fly. So I enjoy the open road. A long time Tom Tom user, my daughter turned me on to WAZE prior to a hiking tour roadtrip that took me from Carlsbad, CA to Yosemite to Yellowstone to Glacier ; Onward north to Canada and Jasper, Banff, Whistler and the Yukon ; then finally all the way north to Prudhoe Bay, AK via the infamous Dalton Highway. Then it was back home via the North Passage, Vancouver Island, then across the Strait of Juan de Fuca, to Point Flattery (the farthest NW point in the contiguous US; and finally down the 101 and Pacific Coast Highway, back to Carlsbad. All in all, almost 10,000 miles!

This weekend I am traveling from Carlsbad to Houston. While the entire 1,500 mile stretch, each way, is beyond WAZE's reach, you can be sure I have segmented the trip in order to WAZE the whole way. Using the voice command; of course, it makes my roadtrips much less monotonous to track and report all i see, including rest stops.

All that being said, I fell MORE than qualified as a "Professional Driver." Thank you WAZE. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

I5surfer
I5Surfer
Send a message

Post by Karstunen
Hi guys,

I am a local champ and professional bus driver in Central Finland, driving at work roughly 50 thousand kilometers per year plus private driving by car some 20 thousand more. I just heard about this sub-forum and now starting to get to know this step by step :)

Rgds,
Kari
Karstunen
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Local Champ / Country Manager / Localizer / First Responder: Finland

Editing the Waze map since 2013