Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

Waze USA Community-Managed Facebook Page

Post by karlcr9911
We now have a Waze Facebook page for the US community. This page is managed by US Champs and is not operated or supervised by Waze.

We will post helpful tips for Wazers, community stories, highlights about editing, events, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/wazeusa

Please like and follow and share our new page.

Thank you!

karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3

POSTER_ID:16787028

Send a message

Post by dmcrandall
Looks like a Spelling error in the header picture. *Operated
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
"This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok." -Matthew Quigley

US Country Manager (In between deliveries)

Post by dmcrandall
Other than that, it looks really good.
karlcr9911 wrote:
dmcrandall wrote:Looks like a Spelling error in the header picture. *Operated

Yes, thanks for the info. Waiting on a new cover photo from Waze.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
"This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok." -Matthew Quigley

US Country Manager (In between deliveries)

Post by Fredo-p
Robert04101 wrote:I see that there are several state-level Waze groups that also come up on the Waze USA page, e.g. Waze Indiana. IMO we should have similar groups for every state. Are these Facebook communities being formed ad hoc, or is there some structure/process for them?

They are formed individually. I created the Waze Arizona FB page after consensus with the rest of the AZ editors. I then extended power of the page to the top editors by giving them admin rights to said page.

The issue with making 50 FB group pages for each state is the same reason I brought it up with the local group. I must have someone dedicated to keeping it up to date. That means each states page would need someone tasked with keeping info flowing through it. An inactive page is not helpful/useful. It's the same with our AZ twitter page. I think I started that one and gave access to key members.

We now have a large following on twitter so activity is a must.

If you want a page for each state on a social media platform, you must first find a group of ppl dedicated and willing to run them. You must also ensure they have local information at the ready (local govt agency media pages to link in posts) and how to properly utilize each platform.

Places like NY, NJ, TX, CA would thrive well on social media. The less populated states like ND, SD, etc wouldn't have as much activity so you would most likely group them into one (Waze Plains).
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by Fredo-p
Robert04101 wrote:Thanks -- I think we've got consensus on creating a New England FB page instead of per-state pages for the region.
How big is the NE region again?
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
I wasn't sure if the Waze region was being used or something else since I'm not familiar with New England other than Brady sucks and the Pats are going to lo.....ahem. Good to know.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
dmcrandall wrote:Looks like a Spelling error in the header picture. *Operated

Yes, thanks for the info. Waiting on a new cover photo from Waze.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by Robert04101
I see that there are several state-level Waze groups that also come up on the Waze USA page, e.g. Waze Indiana. IMO we should have similar groups for every state. Are these Facebook communities being formed ad hoc, or is there some structure/process for them?
Robert04101
Send a message

Post by Robert04101
Thanks -- I think we've got consensus on creating a New England FB page instead of per-state pages for the region.
Robert04101
Send a message