Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by matthewclaussen
Any update to this? 1.5.2.5 beta was worse than 1.4.2.3 and was wondering if there was anything that could be done.
matthewclaussen
Send a message

Post by muchski
I see android and iphone are nearing 1.8 and we are not even in 1.6

:(
muchski
Send a message
Area Manager - Winnipeg, Canada| Xperia X10 | HTC Desire

Post by muchski
Yeah I have definitely slowed down in editing last little while and just getting back into it again now! Also interesting to note that Symbian is HUGE in Europe like almost 3/4 of the market there I think! I think symbian is especially important in Europe and there are tons of WM users both old and new!

I hope the tweet 16 hours ago about working to align versions is true!!! Any ETA waze?

Of course the whole community is so thankful for you listening to our feedback and working to tailor the app to us, but I think a little frustration comes out of recent neglect for symbian and Windows mobile, and while I know developing for so many platforms is a challenge, the disparity in versions only continues to grow, to the point that I have seen 2 or 3 beta releases for android before even one comes for WM!

The only reason I can think of this is maybe because android and iphone are the most active platforms where they see the biggest growth to try to get the name out asap! I dunno!!!
muchski
Send a message
Area Manager - Winnipeg, Canada| Xperia X10 | HTC Desire

Post by nitroswelt
adamsmiley wrote:Phone HTC Touch Pro, winmo 6.5 , and waze 1.5.2.5
I have use it but change back to stable.

problems are -the automatic zoom by navigation
-hangs after 5 minutes by still standing
- after using i must reboot the phone (it was slow an many memory are in use)
- phone will be very have a very hight temperature
- change wm6.5 functions

I have a HTC Touch Pro2 with wm6.5

Sorry for my bad English

best regards
nitroswelt
nitroswelt
Send a message

Post by nitroswelt
JAMBRAM wrote:Yes, 1.5.2.5 is a lot more unstable than 1.4.2.3 for Window Mobile. I've had a lot of the same problems you mention.

I received a message from Fej this morning in response to my inquiry about the next release for WM. He stated that WM will be brought up to the same level as the rest of the platforms, but there is no firm release date at this point. He acknowledged that the development of the next WM release is lagging behind the other releases because it is more complicated and there are less WM users than of other platforms.

The solution is we need more active WM users!

Does anyone else know the percentage breakdown of users of the various platforms?
Thats isn´t a good news :(

i have forgott one problem. that is the lock screen after using waze. it change too the simple wm lockscreen from wm6.1. restart help by that problem but by next using it is again.
nitroswelt
Send a message

Post by nitroswelt
I would suggest that we set all our edits to the map until we get an official version of the message for us is a new version. Find it sad that no one is taking care of us and as long as I do not Waze can use right I'll put my work still.
nitroswelt
Send a message

Post by offbeatmammal
JAMBRAM wrote:Yes, 1.5.2.5 is a lot more unstable than 1.4.2.3 for Window Mobile. I've had a lot of the same problems you mention.

I received a message from Fej this morning in response to my inquiry about the next release for WM. He stated that WM will be brought up to the same level as the rest of the platforms, but there is no firm release date at this point. He acknowledged that the development of the next WM release is lagging behind the other releases because it is more complicated and there are less WM users than of other platforms.

The solution is we need more active WM users!

Does anyone else know the percentage breakdown of users of the various platforms?
catch-22 .... I was a happy WM user but because Waze seemed to stop developing it (and I got fed up having to reboot my phone after using it) I bailed and was thinking about getting something like CoPilot...

There are more WM devices sold worldwide every month than Android or iPhone, the problem is that it's harder to market to them because there are so many different form factors and models out there with different restrictions (and, let's be honest... very few of the WM devices have quite the same cachet).... perhaps going out to forums like XDA Developers, MoDaCo and WMPowerUser to try and drum up a bit more support for WM Waze users
offbeatmammal
Send a message

Post by offbeatmammal
silence is golden .... well, in this case not

please Waze - tell us if we've been abandoned or give us an update. Not knowing is really frustrating
offbeatmammal
Send a message

Post by PeterG
Hi,
I didn't notice such behaviour on a HTC Touch HD (WM 6.1). Perhaps a new installation from scratch will solve the problem?

BTW: davidg reported waze being available in Germany language now including prompts. I don't see any of these in 1.5.2.5 :?: ...!?

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message

Post by PeterG
Hi,
sorry to correct you: WVGA means 480x800 pixel...

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message