Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by darrylgregg
After some initial installation issues, the software seems to be working well on my HTC Imagio with WinMo 6.5 as well now. Althought there is something wierd going on wih route mapping. A note has popped up a couple times in the last couple days when it is trying to find a route. it says "We are not able to create a route (this might be a bug)." or something to that effect. However i rarely have any freezing or things like that happen. I also found battery life improved by setting the phone mode to CDMA only rather than global. That way it isn't ever searching for GSM towers.
darrylgregg
Send a message
Area Manager, Phoenix, AZ
HTC Imagio with WinMo 6.5 Professional

Post by david_salva
the Spanish not inclulle, you know whether it will appear that contains some version? to date?
david_salva
Send a message

Post by gamcisfu
The 1.5.2.5 WVGA release is excellent on Omnia II / WM6.5 :D
gamcisfu
Send a message

Post by Gman65
Are we getting close to another WinMo update? I am willing to test pre-alpha, alpha, or beta.
Gman65
Send a message
T-Mobile HD2 Energy Leo 23569 Sense 2.5 Cookie Dinik Glass 6/11/10
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2
NRG EnergyROM 23547 Leo CookieMonster Edition 03/17/10
Gen Y DualBoot XDAndroid 2.01 03/01/10
Waze Beta 1.9.99.301 WVGA WinMo Touch

Post by Gman65
adamsmiley wrote:I too would be willing to be a re-alpha, alpha, or beta tester.
What phone, ver of winmo, and ver of waze are you running?
Gman65
Send a message
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2

Post by Gman65
offbeatmammal wrote:
JAMBRAM wrote:Yes, 1.5.2.5 is a lot more unstable than 1.4.2.3 for Window Mobile. I've had a lot of the same problems you mention.

I received a message from Fej this morning in response to my inquiry about the next release for WM. He stated that WM will be brought up to the same level as the rest of the platforms, but there is no firm release date at this point. He acknowledged that the development of the next WM release is lagging behind the other releases because it is more complicated and there are less WM users than of other platforms.

The solution is we need more active WM users!

Does anyone else know the percentage breakdown of users of the various platforms?
catch-22 .... I was a happy WM user but because Waze seemed to stop developing it (and I got fed up having to reboot my phone after using it) I bailed and was thinking about getting something like CoPilot...

There are more WM devices sold worldwide every month than Android or iPhone, the problem is that it's harder to market to them because there are so many different form factors and models out there with different restrictions (and, let's be honest... very few of the WM devices have quite the same cachet).... perhaps going out to forums like XDA Developers, MoDaCo and WMPowerUser to try and drum up a bit more support for WM Waze users
Hope not because I enjoy wazing, but will have not choice but to switch if the winmo version continues to fall further and further behind. I think its sad because I have many friends who may never have started using waze, if it were not for this winmo guy. Before you ask, most were not winmo users... So should I actively stop telling my staff and students about wazes??? Please try and keep "ALL" users happy and active.

Respectfully
Cool "Gman65" in San Diego
Gman65
Send a message
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2

Post by Gman65
JAMBRAM wrote:i'd switch back to v. 1.4.2.3 before i gave up on Waze, because i found it to be pretty stable on my Samsung Omnia running WinMo 6.1 Professional. I believe Waze will eventually get WinMo up to speed, it's just going to take them a while. I've also toyed with switching to an iphone, android or symbian, but i'll wait another year for my contract to expire and to take advantage of the "new every two" if i choose android or symbian. I could then run the two versions side by side, but i don't know if i'd be able to use the gps on my Omnia without the phone activated.

Offbeat, I had the exact same thought today about promoting Waze on some of the WinMo forums and Gman, i've thought about not telling my friends with iphones about the program as well.

I'm wondering how big of a "squeaky wheel" we winmo users could be?
Wish 1.4.2.3 did work for me but same result as 1.5.2.5 for me :-( Not giving up yet. Just waiting like the rest of us with the crashing issue.
Gman65
Send a message
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2

Post by Gman65
muchski wrote:I see android and iphone are nearing 1.8 and we are not even in 1.6

:(
:-( It does indeed seem as though the focus has shifted from Winmo/Sym to Iphone/Android... Is an update still being worked on?
Gman65
Send a message
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2

Post by Gman65
jemarti wrote:Like the last couple of posters, I'd like to know if Waze is committed to developing for WinMo.

I've been using 1.5.2.5 on a stock T-Mobile HD2 for a couple of weeks now, and it's work fine... no crashes or freezes. I'd like to continue using and supporting Waze, but not if WinMo is going to take a back seat or get abandon.

Thanks for a very cool and useful app.
By chance would you mind saying what apps you are using? I do understand if you dont want to answer that question.

Just curious as to what apps are playing nicely with it. I tried 1.5.2.5 with stock rom and no other extra apps loaded. Stilled froze on me :-(
Gman65
Send a message
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2

Post by Gman65
jemarti wrote:
Gman65 wrote:
jemarti wrote:Like the last couple of posters, I'd like to know if Waze is committed to developing for WinMo.

I've been using 1.5.2.5 on a stock T-Mobile HD2 for a couple of weeks now, and it's work fine... no crashes or freezes. I'd like to continue using and supporting Waze, but not if WinMo is going to take a back seat or get abandon.

Thanks for a very cool and useful app.
By chance would you mind saying what apps you are using? I do understand if you dont want to answer that question.

Just curious as to what apps are playing nicely with it. I tried 1.5.2.5 with stock rom and no other extra apps loaded. Stilled froze on me :-(

Don't mind a bit....
All I have loaded are:
Duttys Task Manager version 2.1.19183631
Microsoft Tellme (which I don't use)

That's it.... very boring I know. I had to do a hard reset on the phone twice right after I purchased it, due to bad registry "tweak" suggestions I tried via XDA-Developers that screwed things up.

The only registry tweaks still in place are the ones that open up a few additional camera modes.

I also tend to run with WiFi turned off as I found it caused Google Maps to freeze frequently.

Can't think of much else to tell you... sorry.
Thanks, and not boring if that is all you need. Guess I am just gonna wait...
Gman65
Send a message
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2