Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by Gman65
The Fej wrote:Unfortunately, as most users are iPhone, Android and Symbian (in that order) and WinMo is the least used platform, it is obviously delayed, though we do not want to ignore it all together or abandon it. Overall we plan to upgrade all devices to same level from time to time, Windows Mobile included, but it does take time to upgrade each OS version with the additions. We want to increase the user base, so part of the focus goes to Blackberry where we have not yet made a version.
The 1.5 is the current version for the Symbian, WinMo and Android but we will upgrade them to a higher version.
OK caught that loud and clear... Thanks for the update, but why does it take so long just to get feedback? Why send a tweet out before updating here? I understand we are all busy folks, and may not be the only job. I do appreciate the work you guys have put in, But I for one feel the draft of the void...

P.S. Android is way past 1.5 as it is sitting at least at ver 1.7.2.0 and now 1.7.2.2 as of today... Please as Mods I hope we can count on timely, and accurate information from you. I am pretty sure WinMo is the only 1.5 ver unless Sym ver was released as I typed this.
Gman65
Send a message
Last edited by Gman65 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T-Mobile HD2 Energy Leo 23569 Sense 2.5 Cookie Dinik Glass 6/11/10
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2
NRG EnergyROM 23547 Leo CookieMonster Edition 03/17/10
Gen Y DualBoot XDAndroid 2.01 03/01/10
Waze Beta 1.9.99.301 WVGA WinMo Touch

Post by Gman65
The Fej wrote:Indeed this came out a bit confusing to us as well.
Because we decided to simplify some features dusplay presentation and moved them to be web based display (score board being an example), they were not integrated it into the 1.8 Windows line. So while they existed in the 1.7 line, since we changed them they did not make it in time to the 1.8 Windows.
Question for ya... Would it be possible to release the minor updates too so maybe some of us who have not been very lucky avoiding the crash may find stability with one of those??? I for one enjoy waze and would try them all, and would love to move up to a wvga version.
Gman65
Send a message
T-Mobile HD2 Energy Leo 23569 Sense 2.5 Cookie Dinik Glass 6/11/10
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2
NRG EnergyROM 23547 Leo CookieMonster Edition 03/17/10
Gen Y DualBoot XDAndroid 2.01 03/01/10
Waze Beta 1.9.99.301 WVGA WinMo Touch

Post by grebble
offbeatmammal wrote:please Waze - tell us if we've been abandoned or give us an update. Not knowing is really frustrating
Hear hear :) And when are us lowly Symbian users going to get an update from v1.4?
grebble
Send a message
Area manager: East Northants, West Cambs and Peterborough, UK
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.0.4), Waze v3.0.2.8

Post by grebble
1.5 for Symbian? If I go to m.waze.com it downloads v1.4.3.8, at least for my touch device.
grebble
Send a message
Area manager: East Northants, West Cambs and Peterborough, UK
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.0.4), Waze v3.0.2.8

Post by HMF512
any one else having trouble with the 1.5.2.5 bcoz m going to install to my HTC HD2. i had problem with the previous version.... and hoping the next version WILL be better than the iPhone ver ( the GUI).
HMF512
Send a message

Post by JAMBRAM
Yes, 1.5.2.5 is a lot more unstable than 1.4.2.3 for Window Mobile. I've had a lot of the same problems you mention.

I received a message from Fej this morning in response to my inquiry about the next release for WM. He stated that WM will be brought up to the same level as the rest of the platforms, but there is no firm release date at this point. He acknowledged that the development of the next WM release is lagging behind the other releases because it is more complicated and there are less WM users than of other platforms.

The solution is we need more active WM users!

Does anyone else know the percentage breakdown of users of the various platforms?
JAMBRAM
Send a message
JAMBRAM/VOLWAZER
Waze 2.0.0.0
Samsung Omnia i910
WinMo 6.1, Stock Rom
2006 Dodge Ram MegaCab
Memphis, Tennessee

Post by JAMBRAM
i'd switch back to v. 1.4.2.3 before i gave up on Waze, because i found it to be pretty stable on my Samsung Omnia running WinMo 6.1 Professional. I believe Waze will eventually get WinMo up to speed, it's just going to take them a while. I've also toyed with switching to an iphone, android or symbian, but i'll wait another year for my contract to expire and to take advantage of the "new every two" if i choose android or symbian. I could then run the two versions side by side, but i don't know if i'd be able to use the gps on my Omnia without the phone activated.

Offbeat, I had the exact same thought today about promoting Waze on some of the WinMo forums and Gman, i've thought about not telling my friends with iphones about the program as well.

I'm wondering how big of a "squeaky wheel" we winmo users could be?
JAMBRAM
Send a message
JAMBRAM/VOLWAZER
Waze 2.0.0.0
Samsung Omnia i910
WinMo 6.1, Stock Rom
2006 Dodge Ram MegaCab
Memphis, Tennessee

Post by JAMBRAM
I think we had to wait 2.5 months for the last update. I wouldn't hold my breath.
JAMBRAM
Send a message
JAMBRAM/VOLWAZER
Waze 2.0.0.0
Samsung Omnia i910
WinMo 6.1, Stock Rom
2006 Dodge Ram MegaCab
Memphis, Tennessee

Post by jemarti
Like the last couple of posters, I'd like to know if Waze is committed to developing for WinMo.

I've been using 1.5.2.5 on a stock T-Mobile HD2 for a couple of weeks now, and it's work fine... no crashes or freezes. I'd like to continue using and supporting Waze, but not if WinMo is going to take a back seat or get abandon.

Thanks for a very cool and useful app.
jemarti
Send a message

Post by jemarti
Gman65 wrote:
jemarti wrote:Like the last couple of posters, I'd like to know if Waze is committed to developing for WinMo.

I've been using 1.5.2.5 on a stock T-Mobile HD2 for a couple of weeks now, and it's work fine... no crashes or freezes. I'd like to continue using and supporting Waze, but not if WinMo is going to take a back seat or get abandon.

Thanks for a very cool and useful app.
By chance would you mind saying what apps you are using? I do understand if you dont want to answer that question.

Just curious as to what apps are playing nicely with it. I tried 1.5.2.5 with stock rom and no other extra apps loaded. Stilled froze on me :-(

Don't mind a bit....
All I have loaded are:
Duttys Task Manager version 2.1.19183631
Microsoft Tellme (which I don't use)

That's it.... very boring I know. I had to do a hard reset on the phone twice right after I purchased it, due to bad registry "tweak" suggestions I tried via XDA-Developers that screwed things up.

The only registry tweaks still in place are the ones that open up a few additional camera modes.

I also tend to run with WiFi turned off as I found it caused Google Maps to freeze frequently.

Can't think of much else to tell you... sorry.
jemarti
Send a message