Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by PeterG
Hi,
I have just read the tweet about the coming great next iPhone version while NOTHING has happened with the WM-Version for a long time. Now we are not even getting infos and my mail with questions about development of the WM version after the last newsletter where WM has NOT been mentioned with version alignment is unanswered.
It seems waze has no more interest in the WM version. I do not see my work respected in this manner and have ceased map editing etc. for now.

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message

Post by PeterG
Hi,
well, this has already been said some time ago. I will wait what happens...

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message

Post by PeterG
The Fej wrote:Unfortunately, as most users are iPhone, Android and Symbian (in that order) and WinMo is the least used platform, it is obviously delayed, though we do not want to ignore it all together or abandon it.
Thank you for the information I have been missing for some time. I had already mentioned the number of user might be the reason. Nothing I can do at the moment, the few people I know having PDAs all are using Windows mobile (using them for business like me). Everybody has to look at his priorities as waze has to do also. For now I have restricted my activities for waze to driving with waze from time to time and only look at the map when errors directly catch my eye... wazers opportunity to enter the Top10 :lol:

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message

Post by PeterG
Hi,
I don't really understand the Version numbering. Last WM version now is 1.8.0.0 but is missing features already incorporated in version 1.7.x iphone/android, e. g. scoreboard (or have I missed the feature, haven't found it in 1.8.0.0 WM WVGA version).

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message

Post by Projekt_SHIN
any more updates?? it seems as if the windows version is getting the cold shoulder when it comes to this app....
Projekt_SHIN
Send a message

robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by Sidewalk
May be a stupid question for some, but what is WVGA?
Sidewalk
Send a message
DroidX

Post by Sidewalk
Let me rephrase, which beta is for a touch screen WM?
Sidewalk
Send a message
DroidX

Post by smokybob
The Fej wrote:Well, I do hope that this next beta release improves the perception. Have'nt yet tested it much, but as there was a request, hereby detailed in thread: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3554
Thx pal,
Already downloaded, I'll be testing it tomorrow.

Regards.
SmokyBob
smokybob
Send a message
Bye,
SmokyBob

Waze 1.7 on Android - HTC Dream Cyogenmod v5.0.7 - Android 2.1
Waze 1.8 on WinMobile - HTC Universal WM6.1 with Bluetooth GPS
Monza e Brianza - Area Manager

Post by The Fej
Well you got ahead of me as I was looking to add the Windows and Nokia versions to the beta list today but we ran into last minute issues with the Nokia so I postponed it.

But since you raised it:

http://waze.s3.amazonaws.com/client/bet ... .5.2.5.CAB - for the standard phone

http://waze.s3.amazonaws.com/client/bet ... .5.2.5.CAB - for the WVGA phone

It includes:
* Native keyboard support
* Fix of font sizes for regular screens
* Memory optimization
* Twitter & foursqaure fixes
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message