Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Help correctly directing people to my business

Post by aaronlong87
Not sure this is the correct place, but I am trying to get Waze to correctly direct people to my business. It is in a strange part of a big business park and the address doesn't do too good on its own
aaronlong87

POSTER_ID:17429072

Send a message

Post by helifino206
Adding the place marker from within the app is arguably the better way to go here, since you can add a photo of the entrance to help people get to you, though if you need a parking lot road you still have to do that from the editor.
helifino206
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

SamCharlieHappy
Send a message

Post by stephenr1966
Hi Aaron,

You could either add it to the map from the app while you are there or log into the Waze Map Editor and add it that way. Make sure you fill out all the details, then tell people to search for the business name instead of the address. That should get them the Waze Pin instead of the Google pin which may not be exactly correct for Waze.

Also, since you are obviously new to editing, it will pop up as a Place Update Request. Will help to go to your state's forum and ask that it be approved and linked to the google address. Shoot me a Private Message if you need some help with any of that or if interested in editing more than just your business. (i.e. the parking lot roads in that business park might need some help).

r/
Steve sends...
stephenr1966
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message