Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by turbomkt
vagabond2011 wrote: One other person might argue steadfastly, that you don't need a GPS at all, or navigation :twisted: Especially for airports in your city! But ultimately, while you might be better off yourself not having the integration, it shouldn't be a stretch to know that people and cities vary, and often times the benefits of integration will outweigh the costs; even the cost of accuracy you described. Hence, the existence of the navigation button :mrgreen:
I'm referring to issues we are having in Southern California. More than one airport, when you use the navigation button from Uber or Lyft, routes to the Google pin location rather than the Waze. This ends up routing them to the back side of the airport which is a military installation in one case! Add to that the option to search for a specific terminal and departure vs arrival, and you can provide the passenger a better experience.

Does this apply in all cases? Nope. But I can think of 4 airports in my area that work this way.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by usascottwright67
I drive for Uber and Lyft and as of May 8th, the map keeps disappearing when I hit navigate.

I can hear it in the background but it is not showing at all in the forground or back ground.

I have to reboot my tablet. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and have not yet brought it on line yet, so currently using google maps.

I have an LG tablet.
usascottwright67
Send a message

Post by vagabond2011
adriansinger wrote: I wanted to ask you if you've experienced any recent changes in Waze's button inside Uber. Can you still open Waze directly from the Uber app? Has anything changed there the last days?

We'd be glad to hear any feedback.
WAZE 4.23.0.4 for Android appears to have broken the ability of Uber (driver) app to open WAZE directly for navigation.

Originally posted here in the Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.23.
vagabond2011
Send a message

Post by vagabond2011
Just a quick update about my experience with Waze version 4.23.0.4 and the Uber Driver app:

I uninstalled 4.23.0.4, installed 4.23.0.3, it didn't work with Uber Driver app either.

Uninstalled 4.23.0.3, installed 4.21.0.0, it works perfect.
vagabond2011
Send a message

Post by vagabond2011
turbomkt wrote:One might argue you're better off not having the integration. Searching from within Waze will usually get you a more accurate destination. Some of the airports in my area come to mind...
One other person might argue steadfastly, that you don't need a GPS at all, or navigation :twisted: Especially for airports in your city! But ultimately, while you might be better off yourself not having the integration, it shouldn't be a stretch to know that people and cities vary, and often times the benefits of integration will outweigh the costs; even the cost of accuracy you described. Hence, the existence of the navigation button :mrgreen:
vagabond2011
Send a message

Post by vagabond2011
adriansinger wrote:Hi everyone,

The issues of Waze/Uber were fixed and everything should be working as normal now.

Could you please confirm this?

Thanks so much for all your feedback!
Adrian
Hi Adrian,
Can confirm this, all working as normal. Sorry late reply, had some time away from Ubering. Thanks for the fix though, it's certainly working well, still the best professional driving app (I mean, Uber app navigation on Android can't do landscape rotation, Google maps is just too many button presses to start a trip and too bad at rolling starts [often starts rotated 180 degrees wrong direction] and neither G or Uber maps has the speed limit and speed camera stuff). Waze reduces a significant cognitive cost in the Uber driving nights, glad to have it back.
vagabond2011
Send a message

Post by whoaitspete
It seems to be working correctly now, but I had to restart my phone before it worked (Google Pixel).
whoaitspete
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

USA Local Champ | NY State Manager | Android Beta Tester
Northeast Region Discord / NY Wazeopedia / Waze NY Twitter

Post by yenz
Diknup wrote:I would say since October of last year. After it kept happening on both platforms, I stopped using Waze and now use Google maps in the apps. It seems to work fine.
Hi Diknup,
could you please check for if you find Waze as an options in the UBER Driver App settings?

Thanks a lot,

yenz
yenz
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message