Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by JimCoz516
adriansinger wrote:Hi everyone,

We're aware of the problem and are checking if this is something on our side or Uber's side.

Reminder: there's no integration Waze/Uber.

I'll update you once we know more.

Adrian
I drive with Lyft and I am having similar issues with map disappearing. Any updates yet?
JimCoz516
Send a message

Post by Le_Road_Ninja
Hi Guys

After the last update, app keep crashing when you change screens to Uber and try to do a new automatic address, this is happening in an android phone. Usually to have it back for until the next trip, it is necessary to "force stop" the app in the settings.
Any ideas? I already sent the Logs to waze.

Regards Claudio
Le_Road_Ninja
Send a message

Post by lykindeity
When using s8 plus with uber app...waze keeps crashing. Anyone with this problem? Any solution to this...
lykindeity
Send a message

Post by mentalbob
This also happens with the Lyft app in driver mode as well. It appears that when waze 4.23 is launched by these apps with a destination (via API or URI?), the UI crashes but navigation begins in the background. Further attempts to launch the UI fail until you force stop the waze app. After that you can relaunch and waze will prompt to resume navigation. You can also launch the UI manually as long as it isn't in the aforementioned state.
mentalbob
Send a message

Post by neddy1234
Hi is Waze aware of the current prob in the UK with using Waze and uber driver app in that it's stopped working , getting voice guidance but map won't load , as 99% of uber drivers use this app I think they should look at this prob P.D.Q I hate using Google it's much to lagging.
Please please please get your fingers out its driving me me nuts and prob a few thousand other uber drivers

Dave
neddy1234
Send a message

Post by pauly1962
I have a Samsung s7 and early this week after updating I can't get Waze to open. I drive full time and as I try for navigation the uber screen partially moves downward. I have tried the end task and reopen technique but it's very time consuming. When trying to rollback to a previous version my phone refuses to install 3rd party software. I have changed the preferences to allow this but it still won't work. The play store doesn't allow for a previous version either. Does anyone including you Waze for this problem.?It's doing the same with Lyft too so I'm guessing this is a rideshare/android issue....
pauly1962
Send a message

Post by pauly1962
My samsung 7s says stay online and go offline after a period of inactivity
kicks me off if I don't click stay online .uber said they don't have anything to do with it. Does anyone else get this and know how to stop it?
pauly1962
Send a message

Post by pehmoh
Since the last update from Google Play I hv not been able to navigate waze from my uber driver apps. I hv since switched to google map.
pehmoh
Send a message

Post by ShaneNottingham
Hello Fellow Wazers and UBER/Lyft Drivers.

I am a driver in Asheville, NC area. I started editing with waze once for the points. But I now actively edit because I am an Uber/Lyft driver.

I too had the issue of Waze just DISAPPEARING. I was somewhat :evil: on this happening. I did a multitude of things to try to get it back. Uninstalling, Logging out, Clearing cache, Etc...

I found if i uninstalled the Waze app.
Open Uber, go to my profile/settings/navigation selection. It would give me the option to Install from within Uber.

This fixed my issue a few time. Sometimes it would just come back all by itself. But since then i have not had an issue with using waze while using Uber/Lyft.

If you have a continued issue with Lyft not using Waze, try clearing your Cache from your Applications on Lyft and on Waze.
ShaneNottingham
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
One might argue you're better off not having the integration. Searching from within Waze will usually get you a more accurate destination. Some of the airports in my area come to mind...
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)