Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Trying to add an event - drop down city selection won't work

Post by AnnaTelensky
I was approved to add an upcoming event I'm producing that will result in road closures. When I go to create the event the drop down city selection tool isn't working (won't give me any choices to select from) and because of this I'm unable to save my event or add the streets that will be closed. Any solutions for this?
AnnaTelensky

POSTER_ID:17192575

Send a message

Post by AnnaTelensky
Thanks! It is but still not having any luck saving the event. Every time I try I get a saving error - "An error occurred while saving". Anyone else have any luck resolving this?
AnnaTelensky
Send a message

Post by AnnaTelensky
Yes, I have filled out all required fields and am still not able to save. Any other suggestions? Is there a way to send you a screenshot to see if I'm missing something? I have been emailing back and forth with WAZE support and they have not been able to help me solve this. Thanks!
AnnaTelensky
Send a message

Post by AnnaTelensky
Thanks! We're in Seattle, in the United States. Last year I was able to submit our event by just filling out a spreadsheet the Waze team sent me with our road closures and the corresponding nodes. I've tried Waze support but they just directed me back to the forums, so if you know the best way to connect with an editor I would really appreciate it!
AnnaTelensky
Send a message

Post by Dutchdirt
Just one advice : Make sure WME is centered on the city/region where the event will happen

Sent with Tapatalk
Dutchdirt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Dutchdirt
When you have all required fields entered a MTE should be able to save. For this you don't even have to enter a city-name (just tick the 'none' box next to the city field.
Did you fill out all required fields?
If this is your 1st event you might want to check out the 'how to' instructions. Here's an example https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uzN ... p=drivesdk

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One_M8 met Tapatalk
Dutchdirt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Dutchdirt
Hi Anna,
Just looked at your profile. It shows you don't have any previous mapedits. This problem could be related to you being new as a mapeditor.
The smartest way to get any help would be to contact an experienced editor from your country. Which country and city is that?

Sent with Tapatalk
Dutchdirt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Dutchdirt
Hi Anna,
I contacted an editor from the Pacific Northwest. Hope he is able to assist. Or can give you further guidance
Dutchdirt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by l0gic23
having same issue... i think its a browser compatibility issue with the form... i contacted waze support about the issue...
l0gic23
Send a message