Post by hmarian
LaughMask wrote:U-Turn issues reported:

I got the feeling that the nearby UR isn't related to the segment you chose in your permalink, but more about the turn in this area. I see soem extra nodes there that indicating that there was a segemnt and removed between EB and WB lanes. Since it isn't there I don't think it's an issue anymore, but the left turn at node B here should be prevented, to not allow the u-turn.
It seems like the reporter was going EB, but you should ask him, to be sure what particular u-turn Waze told him to make.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20+
Waze Version: 4.90.90.901
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Greater Toronto Area, Buffalo (NY), Binyamina (Israel)
Android/WME Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editing Manual | Editing Best Practice | @Waze_Canada

Post by hmarian
LucasG420 wrote:Here's another U-turn prevention failure:
Permalink (UR)
This indeed seems like a u-turn issue, but it can easily being prevented by disabling the left turn at node B.
I will escalate this to staff to explore.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Android/WME Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by hmarian
Given that the two URs are showing the exact minute I'm suspecting that they are coming from the same user and it is possible that the user was just sending an FYI and not necessarily that Waze was requesting a U-Turn.
Since we can't see any Waze provided route I think that he was just driving with the client open, without an active route.
Please verify with the reporter.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Android/WME Beta Tester

Post by hmarian
Thank you for all of the examples sent.
The developers found an issue with the detour detection process that allowed passing through the >15m segments. The fix will be coming next week and until then no new examples are needed.
As soon as I hear that the fix was applied, I will post here to allow you all know and monitor new occurrences, if any.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Android/WME Beta Tester

Post by hmarian
de_denis wrote:Another U-Turn issue
We were told that the fix will come this week, but no info on specific day. I suggest we hold off reporting u-turn issues until next week, as the solution for the fix may not yet been implemented.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Android/WME Beta Tester

Post by hmarian
de_denis wrote:Another U-Turn issue
I also see that @phil-mtl edited the connector segment a day after the UR was created.
You can advise the user that a solution will be implement in the coming days and you close the UR. Ask him to report any other u-turn issues if Waze asked him to make them, where they are not allowed.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Android/WME Beta Tester

Post by hmarian
LucasG420 wrote:UPDATE: This might have been caused by the cross segment of the divided road being set-up as two-way instead of one-way. I have corrected it.

Another U-turn failure on May 12th. This one really bugs me as the u-turn is against traffic of a one way street.
I have asked not to make any edits to the examples. If you do, there is no way for staff to check the issue.
If you see any other u-trun failing please just post them here and put an MC above them not to touch that area.
I have asked our Community Manager about the status of the fix they promise for this week. I will post here when I hear back.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Android/WME Beta Tester

Post by hmarian
MapSir wrote:Hey Guys!

I was looking at some of the examples here.
Could you explain what was the expected behavior from the routing in these cases?

I'll check everything with the routing team. Thanks!
In all the examples the connectors between the two parallel segments are through a segments shorter than 15m, and therefore the u-turn supposed to be prevented by the routing algorithm.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Android/WME Beta Tester

Post by jmspaggi
Hi,

Reporting a U-Turn challenge here: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... st=7415319

Not sure what should be the best approach. Coming from the south, U-Turn is allowed by law. Coming from the north, U-Turn is disallowed by a sign. Not sure if Waze app should be able to handle that or if a Junction Box should be created.

Thanks.

JMS
jmspaggi
Send a message

Post by Kayos_On_The_Road
Further to hmarian's point above, if issues are being reported here, please leave the UR open, perhaps with a comment that the issue is under investigation. When reporting the PL here, please include the UR in the PL and also comment in your post the date of the UR. The date information is important for investigation by staff. If under investigation do not close a UR without discussing with a champ first.

Likewise if you are reporting to have a junction fixed without investigation, please state that.
Kayos_On_The_Road
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S7 (7.0 stock), waze version always latest beta.
GC, CM - Vancouver, BC
Waze Beta Leader (Android)
Canada Wazeopedia
https://s.waze.tools/c6.pnghttps://wiki.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c1/ ... Tester.png