Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Whats the issue with Lyft - Waze switching

Post by cycle_mantra
Hello.
I submitted a bug report yesterday. Still waiting for a first pass response. I started having issues with Waze when transitioning to the customer route from a Lyft request about 3 weeks ago. It's gotten progressively worse, Waze suggested reinstalling which I've done. I finally had to quit driving using Waze, I could no longer get a route, only see the 'Around you' screen highlighting items I did not ask for and no customer route.

Issue: Selecting Nav in Lyft or waiting for the automatic switch to the customers route fails.

Samsung SM-J330V
Android ver 6.01
Lyft version 4.31.3.1494568097
Waze version 4.23.0.4

Workaround: At one point pulling down the notifications screen allowed for closing Waze. At that point I went back to the Lyft app and selected Nav. This would correctly pull the route in Waze.This no longer works.
I've had to rely on Google maps- which is VERY PAINFUL for professional driving. Simply- no comparison to using Waze.

Lyft support is telling me that this is a known issue with Waze.
Question. Is this known? Any timeline for a fix... really need Waze back as soon as possible.

Thanks
Dean Lee
USA- Oregon
cycle_mantra

POSTER_ID:17464040

Send a message

Post by adriansinger
Hi Dean,

First, thank you for your Waze love and for being a loyal user.

I wanted to let you know that this situation is known to us and we're looking into it (no ETA for a fix, unfortunately).

Thank you for having reported this through our Help Center, you'll get an answer from our HC team.

Thanks,
Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer
Community Manager
Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, Republic of Korea, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Mongolia, Laos, Bhutan & Brunei

Post by Bjgreen0001
Has there been a fix for this yet? I'm having the same issue. I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, Ive tried it on two different phones and still have this same issue.

Hi, have you reported this to our Help Center?

Thank you,
Adrian
Bjgreen0001
Send a message

Post by KCBock
As an original Lyft Ambassador,(they don't have Ambassadors any longer), I'm curious as to whether or not this issue has been resolved satisfactorily? It's been nearly a year since last post with no resolution indicated. Clarification please! Leaving the forum open ended results in Waze user confusion.
KCBock
Send a message

Post by patsmart
I am looking for a fix for this problem as well. Waze worked great for the past 2 years with Uber and Veyo. About a month ago (approx 15 May 18) it went buggy, Wouldn't load, blank screen, buffering, or message WAZE has stopped working. Uninstalled used on two phones.
patsmart
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
I'm pretty sure Waze has an API for getting information from other apps. This is an issue with how Lyft passes the destination to Waze.  Different apps do it in different ways. 

What happens when you manually enter the destination?

The first place I would look to fix this is to Lyft rather than Waze.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by usa_w4fys0f2
It's 2022 and this issue still exists 5 years later! Clearly Waze does not care about their users. What's crazy is that they've perpetuated this very dangerous issue for half a decade! Most ride requests are received while driving and suddenly having to troubleshoot Waze, close out app, force stop, clear cache while driving just to figure out where the hell we're going is extremely dangerous. The other option is to pull over and fiddle with it, which will more often than not result in Lyft passing off the ride to another driver, meaning we lose money. I too am abandoning Waze for Google Maps. It's obvious that after 5 years of inaction Waze has zero interest in fixing this issue.

usa_w4fys0f2
Send a message

Post by WTrippe
It's 2023 and Waze still doesn't work with Lyft. I just started driving for Lyft and wanted to use Waze to navigate. It doesn't show the route. It's blank. Wtf.
WTrippe
Send a message