New WME Version v1.35-7

Post by MapSir
Hi Guys!

We've just released a new WME version to production.

What's inside:
* Translations uploaded
* Closed MP's and UR's don't pop-up - FIXED
* Clicking a PUR doesn't open it - FIXED
* Entry points for Venues! - Now you can set an entry point for place points, and residential places.
* HOSPITAL_MEDICAL_CARE place category removed
* New confirmation message when creating a new city through place editing

Thanks to the Beta Pirates community for attacking these bugs and issues!
MapSir

POSTER_ID:15274930

Send a message
MapSir

Post by JustinS83
dspille wrote:One thing I've noticed about the new stop point for PPs feature is that once the stop point has been moved independent of the PP, it appears the two will always be separated and can no longer be moved together. Not a huge deal, but I was wondering if there was a way for the two to be rejoined.

The other thing is with the new feature, you will no longer be able to see at a glance the stop point placement of multiple PPs, like at a shopping center or mall. You will now need to click each PP individually to see if the stop point is where it should be. Again, not a huge deal, but it might require some more effort on the editor's part to see that stops points are where they should be. Perhaps someone could create a script that could allow editors to see stop points for multiple PPs, or perhaps an indicator that the stop point is no longer in the same position as the PP.

Overall, I think this is a very nice new feature for WME.
I think I can help with that. Won't be able to get to it until next week, though.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by MapSir
You're absolutely right!

Previously, creating an RPP or PP, would trigger the search engine to look around for a matching address, street name, or closest segment.
Now you can modify the entry point to places, and thus force the search and routing engines to always navigate to that point for the specific venue.

This is very helpful in cases where a store might be located on a main street, but the actual entrance is out back.
Or if a house has a certain address, but the best stop point to get there is actually on a different street.

Is this more clear? let me know!
MapSir
Send a message
MapSir

Post by MapSir
Correct, Devs call in Entry point :)

Trivia211 - The race flag in the app will always represent the end point of the route, not the location of your venue/Address.
The option to set an entry/stop point without moving the actual place has many advantages.
* New editors would sometimes move the place to the "right" location, and mess up the navigation.
* Client users who send PUR's can be matched better with the relevant venue in place. avoiding images being attached to the wrong venue.
* In the future, we'll introduce multiple entry points.
MapSir
Send a message
MapSir

Post by MapSir
It's also for the Ads campaigns. Because we match Ad pin to place location.
If the place will be off there is a chance the system won't match the Pin correctly.
MapSir
Send a message
MapSir

Post by petervdveen
MapSir wrote: * Entry points for Venues! - Now you can set an entry point for place points, and residential places.
So when we have a house number ánd a residential place, what is used?

2nd, can you please put the residential place navigation point at the same place as the corresponding house number? And the triangle at the place where the house number is?
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by petervdveen
abc1357 wrote:How would one use the new entry point for a PP or RPP? I've always placed the stop point of the PP/RPP in the correct location, so I don't understand the purpose of this new feature. Can anyone give me an example?
Because you would want the finish flag on the building, but the navigation point on the road.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by reuvenirony
Thanks for the explanation.
So what is the NON dashed line for?
reuvenirony
Waze Local Champs