Slow to regain server on iPhone

Post by ditchi56
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I haven't spotted it....

I run the Waze client on an iPhone 4, and my mobile telephone signal carrier is O2. I don't know whether this is a Waze issue or an iPhone issue or an O2 issue, but I suspect Waze has the problem....

When I pass through a place with no mobile telephone signal, inevitably the Waze client on the iPhone loses contact with the Waze routing server. Fair enough.

However, when the signal comes back, every function on the phone except Waze starts working properly again. Waze however seems unable to reconnect to it's server for 10's of minutes at best, sometimes hours. This is very frustrating as it means that I am unable to get traffic updates, record problems, and sometimes I run out of map; all this despite having a good telephone signal.

Is there anything I can do to persuade Waze to reconnect more quickly?
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5

POSTER_ID:7741216

Send a message

Post by Dave2084
I don't see this a lot but it does happen occasionally. Sometimes it will never regain the connection without help.

The solution? Go into your iPhones settings and turn on airplane mode wait a second the turn it off. Waze should reconnect now.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by ditchi56
Dave2084 wrote:I don't see this a lot but it does happen occasionally. Sometimes it will never regain the connection without help.

The solution? Go into your iPhones settings and turn on airplane mode wait a second the turn it off. Waze should reconnect now.
Thanks for this tip, Dave, it works a treat. (And the problem occurs quite often here out in the sticks, all of 20 miles from London).
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message