Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by vojsob
Hi,
i am using waze in auto mode in my Skoda Octavia 2017, it is realy great, but i have issue with destination entering - voice commands are useless - in czech we have lots of local characters in street names so ok google wont recognize street and town names. manual entering is not working correctly either... there is just no space bar on keybord - as you can see in attachment. is something wrong with my waze, or is it "feature"? how can i separate street name, town name etc.?
is it possible to turn off "park to use keyboard" ? - i am usualy traveling with my girlfriend and she is the one who is entering adress, but is locks :(

thx for tips :)
vojsob
Send a message
Attachments

Post by vortexhunter
I got a new car that has Android auto, and I've learned that I'd rather have my phone up in the dash with Waze on (as I've done for years!) than on the car tablet screen, which is lower (and more distracting to see since I have to look down). The problem is that if Android Auto is on (for music, etc.) Waze automatically works in AA mode, so I can't have it on my phone screen.

Is there a way to disable AA mode in Waze or is there another workaround to be able to use Android Auto with Waze working on my phone screen?
vortexhunter
Send a message

Post by W9SWS
Add me to the list. Google Maps works fine on my Galaxy S9 but waze does not when using Android Auto in my 2017 Ford Explorer. I’ve tried deleting/reinstalling with no luck. All apps (including sync 3 in my car) have been check as current. Waze has become unusable on my device with Android Auto.
W9SWS
Send a message

Post by wazzz90
puckinnutz wrote:Lately using waze at night, the app goes to night mode but I cant see any users on the highways or messages, hazards popping up. Android auto and my Traverse are updated to newest versions. I can see everything on my phone ok..just not on the display of vehicle, all I see is the map and my car icon.
njr104 wrote:I have the exact same issue with an LG G30. running Android 9 It seems to have started with the latest Waze update 4.59.0.4.

If a phone call comes in and you go back to the navigation all directions are lost after a brief flash of the next route change. If you try to go to the main page to see the next step and go back, again all navigation instruction is lost.
Similar stuff happened to myself on older versions of Waze. You should update your Android device to some newer version.
wazzz90
Send a message

Post by Wilbour1
chekdacrouu wrote:Hello,

I found a solution to the waze position bug from last update. When you're in AA, launch Google maps, and switch to waze, and the navigation is ok.
Test with S9 on waze 4.56.0.2 an AA 4.7.593824.
Same problem and solution with Samsung A8
Wilbour1
Send a message

Post by will_197
dariansdad wrote:About 4 days ago Waze in Android Auto on Ford Sync 3 head unit stopped displaying the speed limits and speed display. I disconnected the phone from the head unit and Waze works as normal with speed limits and speed display on the phone.

Please help restore this feature.
Yes! Me too. This has been driving me nuts.
Getting the exact same on Android Auto Sync 3.
I believe this is coming from an inaccurate GPS signal because there is lag sometimes. However Google maps is fine.
will_197
Send a message
Last edited by will_197 on Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by WillScott73
Anyone else having issues since updating to 4.41.0.3?

Upon setting a route, the screen shows my current location which then stays in the same place. The screen doesn't scroll as the car moves and the location stays where it was when the route was set.

This is happening on a Samsung Galaxy S9 plus and Galaxy S6, in a VW Passat 2016 model.
WillScott73
Send a message

Post by world_0w4tesum
I have a Samsung S20 and use AAWireless to get Waze on my screen from my Renault Captur.

On my previous mobile Samsung S7 this has always worked perfectly, but with my new Samsung S20 Waze stops working after a few minutes. The image then freezes and the system is no longer usable.

I've already looked at the battery settings but I can't get it resolved. I don't have this problem with other navigation systems.

Maybe someone knows the solution?
world_0w4tesum
Send a message

Post by world_15yua6uz
Hi,
Using Waze on S8 Android Auto. Everything works fine but when driving it's as though Waze can't keep up and just stops, after 30s - a minute it drops a me in a different location then finds where I am again. This happening constantly.
world_15yua6uz
Send a message

Post by world_385vldz0
I've just installed a new head unit in my car (Sony xav 3005 connected to Samsung galaxy S8) and have a problem with waze. It gives distance alerts without giving the route instruction i.e. it will say "In one mile" and then nothing. Finally it will say "turn right" or whatever the instruction is when you're at the turning which is a bit late to get into lane etc.

Anyone have any ideas for a fix?

Thanks
world_385vldz0
Send a message