These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by turtle1268
MGPols wrote:
MGPols wrote: Seems that 4.63.0.1 beta solves the GPS, installed this morning and used very well without having any dot or reboot of Waze while driving.
It was not what it seems, but it feels like Waze GPS is doing better if I have started Google Maps first and after several minutes switch to Waze.

So my routine is now start using Waze (get mostly dot instead of arrow) - switch to Maps voor several minutes - switch back to Waze

I'm now using 4.63.6.600 beta, but from 4.63.0.1 beta till now the GPS problem more or less stays. Simple solutions is using Maps, but I like Waze over Maps, mostly because of the GUI. So hopefully Waze will found the problem to solve.

I have waze release 4.64.0.1 using it via AA in a Mazda CX3 and a Hyundai Kona and it does this very same thing in both cars. It will start out fine, then seems to lose its location, jumps around the map with a dot. The waze map is set to night mode, 3D, sometimes auto zoom. If I switch to google map and back to waze, it relocates itself and works from there. Its a PITA. Does this even when it its programmed for a route.
turtle1268
Send a message

Post by Tutert
Hi,

It seems that Waze is not using in-car GPS signal when connected with Android Auto, unlike Google Maps which does use in-car GPS signal.
The problem with this for me is that the usb connection is underneath the cars dashboard and the phone doesn't have clear sight and therefor no gps-signal.

Can anyone confirm this and does anyone know if this is gonna be solved in the (near) future.

Thanks!
Tutert
Send a message

Post by Uksus17
I want to understand why the information window was dragged almost to the screen center? It looks strange and closes big part of the route and map. Return back please!Why did this? Why did you remove the name of the application? Does it bother someone?
Very strange(crazy) changes in the latest update 4.60 ....
Rolled back to 4.59.
Uksus17
Send a message
Attachments

Post by Uksus17
The second beta version 4.60.5.901 has already been released. However, the tile is displayed almost in the middle of the screen. How to inform developers about this? I wrote about it in Google Play but they do not care.
Uksus17
Send a message
Attachments

Post by un4givn85
I too am having the "following" bug while navigating, also notice it during regular driving.
Using the latest versions of AA and Waze from the play store as of 7/28/17.
Vehicle is a 2017 Chrysler 300S.
un4givn85
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message

Post by Undercover-Cop
Hello:

I am using waze 4.27.0.1 in a Samsung Galaxy S8 and a 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback with android auto.
The application launch on Android Auto and display in the screen , the only issue I am having is that once I select a destination and start the navigation, the map freezes and don't display any progress neither provide any alert or instructions.

I hope you can solve this matter soon .
Undercover-Cop
Send a message

Post by usa_3ossytf6
I'm having the same audio issue with Android Auto and WAZE. The app is not releasing audio properly - when the radio is on, normally, if WAZE has something to say, it lowers the radio volume. What's happening now is that the radio either doesn't come back up properly, or it jumps in and out, while WAZE volume jumps up and down as well.

And yes, it's only on WAZE. If i use Google Maps, it works fine with Android Auto. I've tried deleting and reinstalling WAZE but no change.

I've got a 2018 Subaru Imprezza, using WAZE on my Android phone (LG V20).

If anyone's got a fix, I'd appreciate it! I find I'm having to use Google Maps lately and I don't like it as much. Yech!
usa_3ossytf6
Send a message

Post by usa_6e0j4mhm
I am new to Waze so I have some pretty basic questions. I did search for these but found no matches, so here is what I was wondering.

1) Is there any way to share Favorites between phones? I use an Android (Samsung S7) and my wife uses an iPhone and we both have Waze on our phones. I would like to copy my Favorites to her phone so I don't have to re-enter them or enter new locations twice. Is there any way to do that?

2) I have noticed that my Samsun S7 gets fairly warm when I have it hooked up to the SYNC 3 system on our Ford and it is running Waze. The phone sits right under the air conditioning outlet so there is cool air running across it all the time (we live in southern Arizona so the AC is usually on in the car) but it still gets noticeably warm. Is the S7 too old to run Waze without over-heating? Or is this common?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
usa_6e0j4mhm
Send a message

Post by usa_85u8yrav
Following. Same issues as all are reporting.
usa_85u8yrav
Send a message