These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by tired_of_traffic_Dave
Suburban 2017 premier, same here. Running galaxy s7 7.0. Waze version 4.27.0.1. Android auto 2.4.722904 version. On verizon network. As long as black screen android auto on phone is on the waze app works as expected. As soon as samsung time show up, app wigs out. Please fix!
tired_of_traffic_Dave
Send a message

Post by Tirren
Since the last update, after searching for an address, the address pops up on waze android auto. After clicking on said address the go button as appears for the briefest of time then disappears. Unable to start navig through android auto.
Tirren
Send a message

Post by Tiwas1
Hi.
I've been using Google Maps with TomTom's speed camera overlay. I've tried waze in the future and liked the speed warning. Now that I've got a car with AA I was planning on transitioning to waze in order to get notification on speeding and such, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to display the warnings on my head unit. Also, map direction is north up and I cannot find a way to have driving direction up.

Am I missing something? Could someone please help me get this sorted?

Thanks!
Tiwas1
Send a message

Post by Tiwas1
RussPA wrote:Not sure if you're questions are answered there, but have you checked out the Android Auto thread?
Thanks. I looked at that thread and there are two related questions but no answers to these in the thread.
Tiwas1
Send a message

Post by Tiwas1
Found two bugs, one mentioned earlier:
1. no speed limit sign, no speeding warning
2. if I set my car in reverse, there's no image from the backing cameras. I have to go out of waze first

Also, accuracy, as others have mentioned, is worse than programs like google maps.

I'm on android auto, latest version on latest version of android 7 and an s8.
Tiwas1
Send a message

Post by tmar53
Is it possible to report a temporary road closure on Android Auto? The closest option I see is to report a map error which is useless and a waste of time for temporary closures.

Thanks for the help!
tmar53
Send a message

Post by tmar53
Sorry for posting incorrectly, perhaps a mod can move this.

I searched for "closed" and "closure" in the Android Auto thread and see zero results.
tmar53
Send a message

Post by TommyNjUsa
Any updates to this issue? I'm experiencing it as well and have submitted logs multiple times two waze with no avail.
TommyNjUsa
Send a message

Post by Tomuk21
Hi!
Please help a new be, I have a 2017 Seat Leon with full link for Android Auto.
My problem is volume control using my cars controls with Waze, the first sentence spoken is ok but all the following sentences are very loud with no control at all.
When using google maps for navigation I can use the infortainment system vol control no problem.
Has anybody any ideas on how I can cure this problem? I prefer to use Waze for navigation.
Tom.
Tomuk21
Send a message

Post by TondaRaven
I have same problem few weeks with Samsung S9. I do not find solution. Can you create issue and fix this problem? I have to use Google maps, which are terrible.
TondaRaven
Send a message