Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by usa_d7duv4tt
Toontje wrote:So there is this other thread that talks about Waze for Android Auto on a compatible car. I wanted to open a thread about Waze for Android Auto on a mobile device.
Anyone got this to work instead of Google Maps?

Thanks,

Ton.
Sadly, there isn't a way to change the nav app within the phone-only version of Android Auto. We're stuck with Google Maps.
usa_d7duv4tt
Send a message

Post by usa_g3u4vul1
Wqze has completely disappeared from my Android auto... I can use it on my phone but on the car it's not working... Have also been having a myriad of problems with it the last week or 2.
usa_g3u4vul1
Send a message

Post by usa_g3u4vul1
I figured out a real easy fix.... Uninstall Waze and just use Google maps.

Works great
usa_g3u4vul1
Send a message

Post by usa_i8ca7t3i
Hopefully the lag fix is coming soon. 
usa_i8ca7t3i
Send a message

Post by usa_jgrceayz
I have noticed when using Android Auto if I try to look at other routes when I come back to the map the report button is no longer on screen. Has anyone else experienced this?
usa_jgrceayz
Send a message

Post by usa_kfsfqvnt
I just upgraded to a Galaxy S20. Now, when I start Waze on Android Auto, it takes a long time (several minutes) for the location to lock on. After initial lock on, it seems to work fine. I do not have the same problem with Google Maps and I never experienced the problem with my GS8. I have tried force stop, clear cache, uninstall, reinstall, reboot phone. Nothing seems to help. No power savings are set (allow background activity is checked). Location permissions are also set. Is this a bug or is there something I might be mission.

Thanks.

Mike
usa_kfsfqvnt
Send a message

Post by usa_uayfe1j7
I just bought a 2019 Honda CRV and my Samsung J7 Prime freezes up with WAZE. I can only use WAZE by turning it on and putting in the destination before turning on the car and not hooking into Android auto so it just works with my phone. TMobile told me my phone is not advanced enough to handle it. Is this true? If so, what level of Samsung phone do I nee to run it successfully?
usa_uayfe1j7
Send a message

Post by usa_ulwhafkw
Hello. I know standalone Android Auto is deprecated and being replaced with Google Assistant soon, but in the meantime, I've been having an issue with receiving notifications while using Waze.

If I am using Waze in standalone Android Auto (as in the phone-only version), I don't receive notifications (SMS, WhatsApp, audio, etc.) while navigating. If I switch to any of the other screens in Android Auto, the notifications flood in.

I can temporarily resolve this by going into settings and toggling "Keep Waze on Top" on and then back off. However, next time I quit the app and return to Android Auto again, the issue returns.

Any suggestions?
usa_ulwhafkw
Send a message

Post by usa_w5nju6bn
I'm having the same exact issue. If I use Waze with Google play music the sound goes up and down. If I use audible, the book pauses every couple of seconds. It's completely unusable.
usa_w5nju6bn
Send a message

Post by usa_wfhuo78c
I had this exact same issue just after upgrading to sync3 version 3.0. I didn't know if the issue was sync, Spotify, something else on my pixel 2 xl or Waze. I uninstalled Waze and rolled back to a version released earlier in November and that fixed the issue. Please help. LOL. Please don't let whatever is wrong to keep getting pushed back into the code from version to version.
usa_wfhuo78c
Send a message