The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

How to correct house numbers

Post by hickpop
I have a house on a corner where the directions are telling me to turn left instead of go straight to the house on the left past the corner. I don't know why, because I am being told to turn on to the street that is not the street in the address.

I can't find anything in the wiki or the guide that tells me how to correct this. How do I correct the location of the house so that I am not directed to turn off the street where the address is?

Thanks.
hickpop
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:9234341

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Waze gets address info from Bing in the US, and we think Google elsewhere. You need to correct the location in those provider's data using their available tools/resources.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
hickpop wrote:Saving it to my personal favorites doesn't solve the problem for the next guy.

I moved the pin, now I'll just wait for Google and Bing.
That's what you have to do. Waze will route you to the nearest spot on whatever segment is closest to the GPS location returned by the external providers. Because there can be parking lots and what not between real streets and actual locations, like a strip mall or something like that, Waze will route you along those segments as well to the closest spot.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
hickpop wrote:Thanks. Neither Bing nor Google maps are telling me to turn left before the house. They both recognize that the house is located on same street as the address. I'm not sure why Waze does this. Garmin does it as well. So Bing and Google are correct, Waze and Garmin are wrong. I thought that maybe if I moved the house closer to the road that it's actually on and the driveway goes to, it would correct the problem. I don't know how to do that.
It's not the directions from Bing or Google... It's where the pin for the address is located... If it is closer to the wrong street, that's where the directions will send you...

2 Options (and you can do both)
1) Move the pin in both Google & Bing using their report forms so it is closer to the correct street. Since Waze has no control over when Google and/or Bing make changes (or if they listen at all), results have been mixed with this method.
2) Save the home Favorite in your phone by going to the end of your driveway & pressing and holding and creating it that way.

Please do no map driveways, they just clutter the map.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by hickpop
Thanks. Neither Bing nor Google maps are telling me to turn left before the house. They both recognize that the house is located on same street as the address. I'm not sure why Waze does this. Garmin does it as well. So Bing and Google are correct, Waze and Garmin are wrong. I thought that maybe if I moved the house closer to the road that it's actually on and the driveway goes to, it would correct the problem. I don't know how to do that.
hickpop
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by hickpop
Saving it to my personal favorites doesn't solve the problem for the next guy.

I moved the pin, now I'll just wait for Google and Bing.
hickpop
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by orbitc
hickpop,

Send me the permalink of where the issue you are having. Let me take a look at it.
Thanks.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by Wolfeye
hickpop wrote: I thought that maybe if I moved the house closer to the road that it's actually on and the driveway goes to, it would correct the problem. I don't know how to do that.
AndyPoms wrote: It's not the directions from Bing or Google... It's where the pin for the address is located... If it is closer to the wrong street, that's where the directions will send you...

2 Options (and you can do both)
1) Move the pin in both Google & Bing using their report forms so it is closer to the correct street. Since Waze has no control over when Google and/or Bing make changes (or if they listen at all), results have been mixed with this method.
2) Save the home Favorite in your phone by going to the end of your driveway & pressing and holding and creating it that way.

Please do no map driveways, they just clutter the map.
I see hickpop suggests a third option, to actually move his house closer to the street. That might get Google and Bing to eventually correct his address. But would not at all clutter the map! ;-)

http://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Wa ... n_50px.jpgHörnefors-Umeå
Uppdaterar svenska Wikin: http://world.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Sweden
Wolfeye
Send a message